Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know him??

I believe that is the name...

I work for a Radio station and a guy just called and wanted to dedicate a song to his buddy who died Saturday on his way to go 4x4ing. Intersection of Lake Hazel and Locust Grove.

Girl ran a stop sign and hit the rear of the truck and spun it around...truck flips..he gets thrown and truck gets him...his girlfriends Ford with a supercharger all mangles and the girlfriend had to have the truck cut apart to get her out...

The friend said that they were on their way following some others to go mudding...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I heard something about this, though I was having a hard time finding information on the accident. My heart goes out to his friends and family. It's very sad to loose a member of our 4x4 community in this way. Be careful everyone :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He was a mechanic for the T&A Travel Center...the guy who called said that he had to go and get his buddies tools...and on his box was a pic of him and his buddy.....

UGG.................

How horrible.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I only met him but I know some of his friends. Bad bad deal for everyone.

He was in his early 20's :angryfir:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Didnt know him,but sad news to hear about a fellow 4x4'er
Condolences to friends an family

·
Registered
385 Posts
I didn't know him either. But my heart goes out to his family & friends. Sorry to hear of their loss. :(

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
yup he was a good buddy of mine and he called me to see if I wanted to go wheelin right before it happened too :? thats about the story, she was driving, he was riding, truck rolled 5-6 times I was told. Went an saw rachel in the hospitial last night and shes pretty mangled. Boken hip, ribs, collar bone, beat up spine..................... you get the picture. She wont be out of the hospitial for a couple weeks were told. Dont have any hard time on when the funeral for clint is but I'll let ya know when I find out.

R.I.P.

he was 27 BTW

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i could tell that something was not 'right' when the guy called me for that request...so i spent some time on the phone with him and asked what was up...he spilled the beans and told me how he was at work and got "the call".

Then he told me that there was some video of the truck taken and supposedly the girl that ran the stop sign was talking on the phone afterward. I believe he said that he got there before the ambulance and cops.

I think that the caller felt a bit better that someone was listening to his story...so many time we just take the requests and say thanks and then hang up. I've been doin this job for 17 years and you just get that "feeling" sometimes.

When he said that his buddy was going our 4 wheeling I immediatley thought of the guys that are in the "full size" clubs in the area...he told me that he was not in a club...but that did not make me feel any better...this is a "brother" of ours...form the 4x4 community.

By the way...the song his buddy requested...MUD ON THE TIRES by Brad Paisley....

Jim Miller
The BIG 98 KQFC

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
funny thing, he just did get a new chevy. It was a 1 ton crew cab just like he always wanted, just got it on some 40's the weekend before too. but anyway he wasn't in a "club" but it was the same guys that always went out toghter all the time that he was going with. The idea is being tossed around that for the funeral a bunch of us that knew him are going to get toghter in our big rigs and drive in toghter with his "new chevy" in the lead to the funeral. I really feel sorry for Rachale that cant attend the funeral :( Any bright ideas on what a guy could do to ease her pain on that part? They had been dating for well over a year and lived toghter for quite a while also.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need some sort of "web cast" of the funeral....that way she could watch it from the hospital room....

Obviously she knows what happenend to him...how awful...that she was driving (not her fault) and he gets killed and she is in bad shape that she can not go to the funeral.

I looked on the ada county sherriff site for the 2nd...and i did not see any "girl" arrested for the accident...wonder what gives there...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
some of you may have seen him around. My scanner made one scan then took a dump so this is the only pic I have. It was at the jorden valley mud bog. He drove the brown chev with a 454.

Hey jim who is the "caller" was it steve?

You know clint now jim?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i recognize him now...from the mud run...

I do not know who the caller was...he did not give his name...but from the description he gave...picked up his tools...was at work saturday at 2pm...there was a pic of him with the caller on his tool box...I think that you guys could find out who the caller was..

This is too damn crazy.

I hate to ask...he was thrown out of the truck...was he wearing his seat belt??????

had to ask.

As I type this...That song Mud On The Tires is on the air....that is freaky...

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you can't set up a web cast of the funeral services mabye some good soul could at least video tape it for Rachel? Just a thought....I know it won't be the same as being there but it would be better than nothing. I am praying for his family & friends.

·
Registered
267 Posts
This really sucks man...
R.I.P. Clint... :beer:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Clinton D. Hansen, 27, Boise, died Saturday. Graveside services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Star Cemetery, Star. The procession will leave the Potter Funeral Chapel in Emmett at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

and from http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050405/NEWS01/504050328/1002/NEWS01

A Kuna teenager may face charges in connection with the death of a Boise man in a rollover accident Saturday afternoon near Meridian, Ada County Sheriff's Lt. Patrick Calley said Monday.

The investigation is continuing, and possible charges could range from a traffic ticket to misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter, Calley said. The 17-year-old girl's name was not released.

Clinton Hansen, 27, died shortly after the pickup he was riding in swerved to avoid the teen's car, which did not yield at the intersection of Lake Hazel and Locust Grove roads, the sheriff's office reports. Hansen was thrown from the pickup, which flipped several times, Calley said.

Hansen was taken to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, where he died soon after arrival, according to a sheriff's office news release. The driver of the pickup, Rachel Chehey, 19, of Boise, also was injured and taken to Saint Al's, where she was listed in fair condition Monday night.

The accident was reported at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Neither Hansen nor Chehey wore a seat belt. Calley said alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the accident.

The investigation into the wreck is continuing, he said.

·
Registered
155 Posts
last ride

as of right now we are meeting at the albertsons in eagle at 11:30am and going as a group to emmett , then back to star..

he will be missed :(

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
For those that wheeled with Clint, Cyrus has made some t-shirts in memory of Clint. Just talk to him and he will get one to ya.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
it's been a year allready.....for all those that are interested...there is a big get together for Clint out at Black's creek in his memory. I for one won't be out there because i choose to celebrate his life another way. I, and a few of Clint's close personal friends are going on Sunday to the cemetary and to put a metal cross out at the accident site.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I also can't believe it's been a year. Their are quite a few of us who are also going to the Cemetery on Saturday if anyone would like to join us in remembering our friend! And then later Saturday night out at Black's.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts