Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROCK TRAIL CLEAN UP THIS THURSDAY EVENING!

Planned at the last meeting. I understand we had low attendance so please tell everyone in the club that you know about it.

Thursday Oct. 12th begining at 4pm, and lasting until dark. Come when you can. Bring gloves, kids, friends and water. It will be a great time and the area really needs our help. Maybe it is getting more dumping because the other areas are closed, but we need to keep it clean to keep it open!

Thank you in advance for your help and participation!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
We need lots of bodys at this there isn't really much big garbage but there is lots of small stuff all over the place

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have a heartbeat and two arms? Sure come on out. It is west of Rexburg, if you need directions pm me your number.

·
Registered
401 Posts
do you have a heartbeat and two arms? Sure come on out. It is west of Rexburg, if you need directions pm me your number.
Um, I was going to see if I could come but I only have one arm.....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sorry not going to make this one, was going to bring the neon too see if it would make it up the sand hill and if it did'nt we could just haul it off from there, hopefully next time.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yes, I just got the directions yesterday. Coincidently I was out in the area west of where the rock trail is last Sunday. There's more trash out that way as well. Nice to see that there are some people wanting to make a difference. I'll be there tonight about 6:45-ish with my two little helpers.

See ya!

Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got back. Had a good time. I was thinking how we could help to prevent so much mess from piling up and had an idea. Is there anyway that signs could be made and posted at major entrances to the staging area? I was thinking it could read something like this...

"Due to large amounts of litter this area is threatened by closure. Please do your part to keep it open by taking all trash out that you bring in including spent shells, cans, bottles etc. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated."

Then have BLM approve it and put that approval on the sign. What do you think?

·
Registered
781 Posts
The BLM gave us signs a couple years ago that said no dumping, they lasted about 3 months before they disappeared:darn:

Maybe if they said something like Adam said about closing the area it would do more good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The BLM gave us signs a couple years ago that said no dumping, they lasted about 3 months before they disappeared:darn:
What do you want to bet they were shot up?:lame:

As far as your club and the BLM goes, who would need to be contacted to work this out?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Me, I will be calling them soon anyway. thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was a good time for those of you who weren't there. I don't care if I never see another shotgun shell in my entire life.

Although I do find myself wanting to shoot a propane tank, just to see what happens. (I'll pick up my spents though)

It was nice meeting some of you.

I took a picture from the top of the sand hill. I wish I would have had my camera when that jeep got stuck. Thats was fun.

1012061742.jpg

p.s. I'm sore

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And then if it is not keep clean would the BLM be able to close it?
It will be approached a little differenlty. Good point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts