Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, where to start......

First off, a huge thanks to everyone that showed up to help, and everyone that donated to this clean up. The site looks soooooo good now that it's clean! Go ahead and give yourselves a pat on the back!!!

I had to some worries that the rain last weekend was going to drive people away, but we had an awesome show of people that helped. The rain seemed to stay away the whole time we were out there cleaning, even though the Airbase and the city were getting rained on, how cool is that! I think we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 people show up, and everybody did great.

We started off the day with everybody going their own way. Some of us grabbed trash bags and started walking and picking up all the trash in the sagebrush. A few with trucks and trailers drove around and loaded all the large piles of trash and picked up the trash bags, then carted them to the dumpster. The rest went and scrounged up all the tires scattered across the desert and piled them by the dumpsters.

I was really impressed at how well we all worked together. In a matter of only 2 1/2 hours, we had managed to fill up both dumpsters completely full and managed to gather eight pickup loads of old tires. I got word from the trash company today, and we collected over 5,000 lbs of just trash!!!! Hopefully today I will get the word on how much metal we picked up.

After the majority of trash was picked up, we all took a break to have some lunch. There was plenty of good food; chips, cheeseburgers, sodas, waters, chips, and some donuts. We ate quite a bit of it, and gave away all the left overs. I started the giveaway after we all got our bellies full, and I think everyone got something they could use. A couple of kids showed up in a Ranger, helped out, and won the big prize of the strap kit. I think everybody was kinda bummed cause we thought they wouldn't know what it was or how to use it, but about 20 minutes later, they buried the truck in some lava rock. I went to help them out, and pulled it with the new strap and shackles, so that was kinda cool!

Then we went on to go get a junk car off the side of the hill. Rob winched it down to the road and I drug it around to the dumpster. At first we were just going to leave it next to the dumpster for pickup later, but then we got the bright idea to winch it up into the dumpster. It would have been easy if the the dumpster wasn't already 2/3 full!! So we winched and tugged, and finally got it loaded in!

I went out there again yesterday, and I am just in awe at how much better it looks, and how little time it took to collect that much junk!

Once again, a big THANKS to our sponsors for their support, without them, this wouldn't be happening!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I have thought about doing something like this. There is an area near our trails that is used for a dumping ground but not that severe.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts