Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've heard that putting blazer rear springs in the front is a good deal, so I went to the local wrecking yard this morning to take some measurements on springs, and I found that the 88 and newer chevy pickups have rear springs that measure to abot 64"... Thats 10" longer than blazer rear springs...Any thoughts on using those springs front and rear on my blazer when I slap the new axles under it? I'm thinking that those longer springs will give me alot more flex.......
thoughts? comments? flames :finger: ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anything will fit but heres why I didn't go 63's up front.

TOO DAMN LONG.

your cneter pin is 32" from front eye. so by sitting your axel in the stock location your spring front eye is 2" in front of your current bumper. and with a 63" spring you'll need to push that axle forward even more to clear the firewall at full stuff with anything over a 36".

Also where the center pin is in compairision to the rear spring eye will cause the pinion to travel way to much to please any u joint. the more droop you get the farther down the pinion will point.

57"s were enough of a headache for me,LOL
52's are alot easier to deal with up front.

·
Registered
85 Posts
who else has 9" lift and can rub 33's with the axle 5" forward,LOL

I had the front tie rod 40" off the ground at the knuckle and the rear hadn't started to move yet. :finger: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What springs do you have on your blazer Sandman? Can you take some pics of your spring hangers for me?

So... If I put these springs in the back and use the back ones up front, you guys think that will work? besides lotsa fender trimming, what else do I need to do to make these 38's fit? :beer: :beer:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I measured my springs and they are all about 59" long I get good flex but they are lift springs too so that probably helps with the axle wrap issue. I do need a custom front driveshaft though to allow for all the droop. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is my Scout with 52" Blazer springs up front and 56" Sub. springs in rear. The jack is maxed out at 35" and as you can tell, the tires are hitting the fenders big time. With the front jacked up, the rear was just barely off the ground. With the rear jacked up, the front was still on the ground with probably a few more inches to go.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy shit.... That's impressive.....
I think I'll run those loooong ones in the rear, and take my rear springs and run those up front....that should make my blazer flex like a filipina contortionist prostitute... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
AJ if your rig does anything like a filifpino flipping freaking contour whore or whatever the hell u said I cannot be your freind anymore. :finger: :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Dont go too long in the rear. Its been found that the Ford 57" ones tend to bend under a heavy load like climbing up. They cant take the weight.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking aobut getting the blue torch fab diff covers with the ear for mounting 3 or 4 link bars onto... I may do that and mount a pair of bars on it to control axle wrap.. If I'm thinking correctly, that will still allow sicko flex, yet control axle wrap and spring deformation...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sandman said:
I'm thinking your a web wheeler. :finger:
I havent seen any proof otherwise. He changed his avatar from his torn apart Jeep to his Blazer sitting in a parking lot. :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking fawkall y'all.. :finger: :finger: :finger:

I'm gettin there, dammit! :finger:

so, KMA! :finger:
:deal: :deal: :finger: :finger:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 17 of 18 Posts