Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know about what size lift can be used on an XJ before it absoultly needs a SYE or some other sort of driveline mod.

Also what is the best way to go as far as a XJ lift? Add a leafs, new packs, spring spacers, sway bar discconects, or just a prepacked kit.

I have been looking at Rusty's 4x4 at indivual parts, and would like to run at least 31s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blindstudios

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
31s should fit stock with minor trimming, or no trimming and a buject boost (2" lift)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Try calling Bucks 4x4 - They are GREAT and will tell you the best option(s) for your budget. Ask for Jeff 343-2061
We have used them for all of our modifications (including a lift).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If you are looking for a bolt on kit, I would go with Rubicon Express.

If you just want 31s, the budject boost would be perfect and it's about $200 I believe.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know any thing about the Full Traction 3.5" Kit. I've been looking at it and for around $400 it has double add a leaf, new coils, lower arms, front discontects, brake line extensions, and all the hardware.

The only thing that it is misisng is shocks.

Any Input????

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have seen the Full Traction kits for XJs and TJs and IMO are very well thought out/designed.

Now what are your goals for this rig? You mention that you want to run 31s. Are you looking just for a taller sitting rig that looks cool on the street (nothing wrong with that BTW) or do you plan on building into an off road rig?

The reason I ask is if your looking to get serious with wheeling, I would look into doing a long arm setup on that XJ. Not that short arms are bad, but when you get up there in lift, the short arms are.... well too short.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking to do some light wheeling, something to hold me over until I can get around to building a full bore trail rig.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right now put the Cherokee lift on hold, I got the ZJ coils from lavacrawler, and will probably just put add a leafs on eventually.

My wife has let me start to tinker with her 91 YJ. So the Cherokee isn't making much headway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 4" lift on my '91 XJ and 33's and I am having trouble getting the tires to fit without them hitting the fenders. So 31's should fit or even 32's with some minor fender cutting. Good luck :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Slap some 33s or 35s on there and do some trimming.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I plan on doing the TJ Flares and then trimming them back a ways to get another 1/2" or so all the way around. The Stock TJ Flares seem to fit a 31x10.5 in them o.k., So I'm thinkings that some 33's shouldn't be too much more work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts