Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I got for the Castleford Race for Saturday JULY 8th. Sorry if they don't come out right. I really don't know how to attach things like what was sent to me. Contact Mike at the number in the info for more Info.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I couldn't get the ENTRY form to load up. Also, I don't really know "Where" in Castleford the race is at.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. According to Google, MapQuest and Yahoo there isn't anything out there. Some better directions would help, unless the mud race is the only thing 15 miles west of town :rotfl: .

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
was gonna show the map, but won't let me load it, and i am at work, so can't save to Picassa, and go from there.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
.bmp
trying to use Picasa right now
all right I give up

·
Registered
668 Posts
Race was a lot of fun. We want to thank the gang that put the race on. The first mud bog they have put on and everything went pretty well. The club and everybody that helped were top notch, very friendly, helpfull and open to suggestions. Mark and I will go if they decide to do it again.

The pit had a truck eating hole at the end of it that stopped about 60% of the racers. Both of us ended up racing pro stock we came out with a second and third place. We were going to race pro mud but wasnt enough of us. Tom Woods got first place in our class. We saw a lot of familiar faces from Mountain home and Fairfield races. I thing pretty much everybody had a good time.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear the race went well.:thumb: I wish we could have had a bit more warning of the race to be able to make plans for it.

I am a bit confused though. Reading through the rules they gave me to post, the classes jumped from basically "stock" to "open" with nothing in between (see the two top classes I pasted here)

* Big Eight cylinder class D:
* DOT approved 40 or larger tires. All engines must have been available from the factory in the vehicle. Axles and all major driveline components must remain in stock location (lift kits allowed). Larger axles allowed with OEM style suspension and location. Engines must be muffled.
* Open super modified: Run what you brung. Tires may be any size, style or configuration, including duals. Tires may be modified for performance gains. Axles and other driveline components may be relocated. Tube frames may be used. Alcohol, Nitrous Oxide, fuel injection, multiple carbs, turbos, and superchargers are all allowed. Seat belts must be four point or more hook-up.

The class breakdown wasn't like anything I have seen before. Did they change the rules after folks showed up? I still wish we could have made it.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
from the conversation I had with Alan, he sounded liuke (Friday) he didn't think hje was gonna have enuff people for each individual calss to stick with or adher to that strictly, so may turn into a run what ya brung, agin' the next guy who is runnin' what he brung.

I like the concept, more of a "less' hev a rul gud tym, and play in da mud", then a technological night mare of you can't do this class because you have a lincoln locker, fuzzy dice air freshener, and steel wheels; but this guy can because he has a detroit, playboy bunny air freshener and rollin on 20" alloys wth Nitto tires.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suppose, but it doesn't seem fair that just cuz someone does an engine swap they have to run against rides with paddle tires with a supercharged, alcohol breathing, tube framed pro rig. But that's just me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Actually they changed from the original rules that they had put together from a couple of different races and went with the Kimberly rules which are pretty close to Mountain Home rules. I think by the time they started signing everbody in they realized that there would be some holes in the original rules. In fact by the original rules ( depending on how they viewed the engine swap ) we would have been able to run against stock truck with 35 to 40 inch tires and small block engines. Which would have been good for us because then Tom Woods and his 630 cid Aries wouldnt have been in our class.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Speaking of Kimberly.....Has anyone heard anything official about the race yet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I talked to Dennis at Rock Creek Racing and he said that we are still on, and he is working on the pits. Also FYI Fairfield is canceled, maybe those guys at Pleasant Valley would like to pick up that date, if they don't have anything else going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Castleford group "MVRR" would like to thank those who came to our truck eating puddle, we do apologize for the short notice and the lack of understandable rules and regulations. Hopefully we can do it again next year with a better understanding overall. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts