Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all of the broken parts today I hope HBRK is putting on one hell of a sale on stuff

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I borke a stub, paul broke an inner, Darrel broke a brifield and I saw driveshafts, u joints and a lot of other stuff broken too. I would say that 75% broke something :banghead: Good times though can't wait to do it again :thumb:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yep it was a day of carnage. I learned one thing. My rig is good on the trail not so hot in the rock gardens. I will need a new inner shaft for the drivers side. I pray to god the detroit is still good. P.S. when an inner shaft lets go it makes a pretty big bang. All in all I had a great time. Thanks Bill for putting it on.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
we just got back and it was totally worth the 4 hour trip. Met alot of good people and saw alot of good rigs.
Eric took over 200 pics. So as soon as he has the time to go through them he'll get them up.
Big thanks to Bill and everyone involved. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
SUPER GOOD to see you guys out here today. Did anyone make it through the course?? Not me. Carnage for me was a broken traction bar crossmember. The bolts that attached my tranny to the other crossmember were missing. WTF? So the rear cv was self clearancing the floor. No major breakage for me, but there was lots out there. I got some video, so I will work on it and share it soon. Congrats to all of those that competed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
So you guys are saying that the IFS would have been really fun to hear break. Like the entire front end going POP all at once!!!! Glad you all had a great time and I really hope the wind dies down for everyone that has to tow home on Sunday.....

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Mr.TRD said:
So you guys are saying that the IFS would have been really fun to hear break. Like the entire front end going POP all at once!!!!
yeah, gotta admit, that would be pretty fun! :finger:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks to those of you who were able to make the long drive down to Nampa. And thanks to EVERYONE who braved the weather to come out and either compete or spectate. We had an AWESOME turnout!! :thumb: About 20 rigs competed and there were over 100 spectators that showed up. The placings for the competitions are as follows:

Stock Modified 8 competitors

3rd place.............Howard Shields
2nd place.............Ray Young
1st place..............Jeremy Hupe

Legends 5 Competitors

3rd Place..............Ken Nixon
2nd place..............Bill Taylor
1st place...............Matt Aldalpe

Super Modified 9 Competitors

3rd Place..............Kevin Mereness
2nd Place..............Amber Yost
1st Place...............Paul Nay

After all expenses were paid the Association raised $801.00 :thumb: Thanks everyone for your support. Without your help and support we could not have made this event as big as it turned out to be. :thumb:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nate, I did.. I got 2nd place super modified.. Paul took 1st..

Lost rear locker in 1st course, or should I say it never came on..

2nd course.. spanked it..

For the stock mod. class, in my zuk, I don't know where I finished.. I'll get in touch with Bill, to see if he can post scores and such on the assoc. site..

In any case, Awesome event, the ASSOCIATION, RAISED $801.00, this was cleared after all expenses were paid out.. Thanks for everyone who came out to help, and support.. I have a bunch of pics as well, will gettem downloaded here this afternoon and posted..

The CARNAGE WAS UNREAL THOUGH.. I must say... I SMELL A SALE COMMING ON...

Thanks everyone.. What a freeking blast...

·
Registered
385 Posts
allusee said:
For the stock mod. class, in my zuk, I don't know where I finished.. I'll get in touch with Bill, to see if he can post scores and such on the assoc. site..
Amber you finished 4th and I took 5th. Not too shabby for my first asctual comp. Had a blast while doing it too!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lavacrawler said:
$801. That is awsome. Glad to hear it was such a success. :thumb:
I got to say my award for best pose and most pucker factor went to Jeremy for this wheel stand.
Ya. I am hoping that about tuesday or so I will get my driver side skeat cover back. :roll: :roll:

Definately goot times were had by all. Sabrina had two good runs as well and all did a fantastic job on the rocks and major props to my spotter Kevin who kept me calm and upright through all. :thumb: :beer: :thumb:

BTW does anyone have a side shot of this?? I want to see how vertical I really was.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have several, and hopefully i'll get them posted up tomorrow

·
Registered
56 Posts
This was a ton of fun, I can't wait to do something like it again. Maybe next time I won't be the first one to try the obsticals though. At least everyone learned from our mistakes hahahaha...

Only carnage from me was a bent steering stabilizer (I knew it was going to happen anyway) and some rockrash on one of my wheels.

:thumb:

I'll have pics up soon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great photo of Jeremy, but are sure that is not the photo of Sabrina? She had one hellofa photo opp. :thumb:
Was a great turn out. Want to give many thanks to Bill and Kris Taylor for hosting the event. With out them it would not have been possible. Thanks to Kevin Mereness and his helpers for the great trophies. And much thanks to the girls and thier helpers at the concession stands, it was a windy job. Great turn out and lots of breakage. Am working on the header that was torn off my engine as I write this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:thumb: Upon further inspection you are right. Kevin was Jeremy's spoter. Jeremy was Sabrina's spoter. What did you yell at Jeremy when you almost tipped over, Sabrina?

·
Registered
137 Posts
One more forgot to thank you. Shane and Pepper of HBRK judged the event for us. Great job guys!!! :beer:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts