Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal my 77 K5 has no brake pressure at all I've replaced the master cylinder the booster the calipers and put on pads it needs rotors but I haven't gotten around to that yet and it also needs wheel cylinders on the back I'm going to do those tonight. Just so you know this is my first run in with an all mechanical carb and I'm not really that savvy about vacuum so for my question would the vacuum have any effect on the reason my truck doesn't stop? Or could it be that I've replaced the parts and maybe one or more isn't working properly? I also did bleed the brakes when I put the calipers on and there is no air in the lines and also no leaks at all in the engine bay or under the truck. I also replaced a few line due to them being old and rusty and breaking so I think all in all I put 3 lines on it 1 on the rear that comes from a T-junction to the drivers side wheel cylinder, and 2 up front.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
sounds like the system is not bled properly

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the wheel cylinders have to be changed before I can bleed the back cause the bleeder valves are rusted they wont open but I bled the fronts and they had no air bubbles. I know your suppose to bleed the furthest wheel the the next.....etc. but i tried to bleed the back and it wont open you think this is it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm getting the wheel cylinders on the back tomorrow morning you really think that is why I have NO pressure at all? Because the front should still have pressure you would think, well anyways I'm going to change those tomorrow and re-bench bleed the master cylinder to make sure that isn't it and bleed the system again. Hopefully that gets it back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts