Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Need your brains again.... I'm looking at putting a 4.5" lift under my stock 84 CJ7, in the stock spring under axle configuation. I've been pouring over websites and different forums to see if I will be able to run the stock drive lines or not, and (if I'm reading the info right) am seeing contradicting opinions.

Some websites are saying they will work fine, others claim vibration and a need to go with a CV setup, and others say you have to go with a longer driveline as well as CV?????

Anyone know what I should expect? I ultimately want to beef them up and go CV, but don't think I'll have the funds for a while. Might have to put the suspension on the backburner if I can't run the stock ones.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Had a friend run stock drive shafts in a CJ-7. He was OK until we got in some sections that required pretty good articulation and then he pulled the drive shaft apart. Need to be longer. Vibration wasn't much of a problem. I would lengthen them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a 4.5" Lift on my YJ and cant afford cv shaft either at this point. I had my driveshafts lengthened 1" and doing fine. There is a slight vibration but livable. I drove from Idaho Falls to Moab and ran some pretty good trails and had no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts