Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving down to Mt Home this summer and like some information on good camping spots. I'd like to find and area that is great for fishing, not crowded, and you can take pets. It will be nice to go camping again in a tent without worrying about a Grizz snacking on you at night, or some ahole torching your stuff.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
CJ Strike Dam is the closest I can think of.

I don't think you going to see any Ship Creek combat fishing here :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
There is some great stuff up near Stanley and Challis. My favorite is Yellow Jacket Lake. Most people dont go that far back in there and you can hear the birds fly.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
When you get down here, touch bases with me or the locals in Wild West Off Road. Within two hours of MH you will find more choices than you know what to do with. The fish are not as big, but you will catch something. Desert or Mtn. camping-both are close. An Idaho Gazeteer would be a handy tool for you.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
South Fork< Anderson Ranch, Danskin, Tiger Creek, And thousands more. There are some public camping sites but I just go to my own.
The best are the Hot Springs or the mountain lakes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I will trade you a fishing here for a fishing trip there:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I've never visited Alaska because I am too afraid I'll never come back to Idaho.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like everywhere places have there good and bad. Alaska is no different. THe bad, expensive, seems like every felon and wierdo from the lower 48 comes up here to thrive, tourist, long winters, hours of darkness, NO ROCK CRAWLING, rust, shipping costs suck!
The good, awesome views, fishing is good, summers are perfect (minus the mosquitos and bees).

·
Registered
164 Posts
north of fairfield is an area know as smokey bar.tons of roads to explore.....WWOR is planning a run later this summer...your welcome to join in:thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
not super close to MT home but worth the 2hour drive is 3 forks out in the owyhee canyon lands. Hotsprings beautiful desert canyon lands good fishing mostly bass but you find some good 24 inch trout every so often. peacefull you won't hardly see another soul. ohh and some good wheeling. Defently one of the most beautiful places i have been.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great info!
Looks like I have al lot of exploring to do!:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts