Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting burned and frozen all last year at Slickrock lets try a new place this year. I cruised through and looked at them last week and I think the only other place that will really work for us as a group will be the KAO. I know there will be some people that will not stay there but that is OK. The place should be big enough for us to hold a raffle and a get together without the noise police getting us. And if it does not work out, then we know. Anyway here is the link:

Moab KAO

I checked for a group discount and no go. Once again, you can stay wherever you want, we will just be meeting here for the trails and the get togethers. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If you all are tent camping, you can fit 3-4 tents on most of the tent sites.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I will probably get a cabin for three people. So is there anyone who wants to split the cost?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I will probably get a cabin for three people. So is there anyone who wants to split the cost?
I'll split with you

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Reservation is made Greg.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Are we going to pick an area all together like last year?

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Just made our reservation at the KOA. I reserved a Lodge (sleeps six people, has it's own bathroom, kitchen, etc.) and will have extra room if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Looking at the map, there's one lodge and it's at the northeast end of the campground, along with a row of cabins and tent sites.

I'll probably just grab a tent site. I'm not 100% I will be able to go, which is often the case. Hard to plan stuff in advance.

If I make Staff in August, they are going to have to put me in ALS, which might end up being right in that timeframe. They are pretty hardcore about not moving people or dates around, so I'm not sure if putting my leave in 6 months out will even help.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
got reservations. taking the family!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Already spoke with Rubi-Mama about splitting cost of lodge. Can't wait until October. Wife and I are a definate. Don't know about the kids yet.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ok, I have a tent site reserved...

"Larger more remote sites with less traffic yet near bathrooms & showers. Can accomodate large tent or multiple tents. Has grill & picnic table"

You can easily fit 4-5 normal sized tents in these spots, so anyone that wants to tent camp, let me know and we can split it up, it's ~$25 a night (vs $48 for a cabin)

Also I will have room in my truck if anyone but Corey :rotfl: needs a ride down. My Jeep is only a 2 seater though, so you'll have to find someone else to ride with on the trails.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
All you have to do is scare the crap out of himand he wont want to ride with you anymore. Greg will take him. Just bring a couple bags of chips. LOL

·
Registered
891 Posts
Are these spots big enough to split up? I will only need one tent, and would be happy to split the cost of a site with somone.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup, I sent you a PM with the details.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The KOA is a good place, I wouldn't plan on more than 2 tents in a site though and that would be pushing it. They watch you pretty close as well and enjoy charging extra for cars and people, but we stay there a fair amount. They also have a good space for parking trailers. At one time we had a group rate and it ended up at only $5 per person per night which is way cheap for Moab.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts