Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my grand-dad has bugged the shit out of me until I've agreed to work on some of his old trucks for him. He's got a '72ish(?) F-250 that needs transmission work. He said he was pulling a load with it and it just quit pulling...no telling if the fluid had EVER been checked though. I know it has the divorced 205 tcase and I'm pretty sure it has an FE motor, dont know which one tho. Would this truck have the C4 or C6 transmission? Is there a way to tell by looking at the pan? Im sure there is but what do I look for? I told him I would try to get it running for him this week, but I'd like to know exactly what I'm working with here before I get real deep into it. I appreciate any help..maybe I can convince him to just give me the axles and drive-trains out of his other junked trucks in exchange for the work :deal: ....muhahahaha

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am still stuck on 72fe what engine??? I am lost...must be ford...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was a neat website Nate..That goes in the bookmarks for future reference

rodzilla, its a ford F250, Im not 100% sure on year model, early 70s I know..FE by type of motor, like a Windsor, Cleveland, Modified...dang ford has alot of shit to remember..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
379 Posts
well I know that there were small blocks consisting of 255,265,289, 302
then there was a 351 windsor which is still a smallblock but has a taller deck which makes the intake wider. then there was the 351 cleveland which had rear main problems so they made the 351m or modifyed which is the same block as the 400, then back to the 302 boss which was a 302 with the big cleveland heads on it. then there was the group of older engines that were 292 and I think 332 in the same block group they had 2 bolts on the valve covers centered on each end. then there is the other group there was the 352 i think was the same as the 360/390 block then there was the 429/460 block... now where the 427 side oiler 428 sc and scj come from I dont know.... but you still have me lost as to FE ....what cid are refering to

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
FE classification is the 352,360,390 class, which i also think includes either a 428 or 429 i dont remember, im sure custom will correct me.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
ok thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
If I am not mistaken thats a lincoln motor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts