Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 4wd c-6 transmission set in park, is the shifter linkage on the transmission all the way forward or all the way to the rear? I can't remember and I don't want to set up my shifter until i'm sure

·
Registered
652 Posts
on a 4wd c-6 transmission set in park, is the shifter linkage on the transmission all the way forward or all the way to the rear? I can't remember and I don't want to set up my shifter until i'm sure

If the arm on the tranny sticks up it is all the way back, if it sticks down it is all the way forward,

clear as mud?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I just ran (literally) out and looked at mine. The answer is............

All the way up.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my shift arm faces up, so park is all the way to the rear then. Cool, that simplifies my shifter install. thanks for the help :beer:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
OK, I'm confused. The arm on the tranny itself is pointing straight up. In park. I didn't look at the actual linkage itself. SO, I would think that means park is all the way up, and forward.

Just went and looked again. I forgot that park is all the way up and back. Just like skipped link said. I'm retarded. :darn: Carry on.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts