Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had these 3 sets of bumper brackets I made about a year ago (I didn't even have a Jeep then) and I decided its time to put a set to use.

I am building a light duty front tube bumper to replace my stocker with the goofy pre-runner bar. It isn't the perfect set of brackets for the bumper I'm building, it sticks out far enough for a winch plate but I don't plan on using a winch with this

Done so far List:
1. Cut a 8' chunk of tube
2. Bent it up
3. Bolted my brackets on
4. Tacked my main bar into place

Here's some beginning pics, watch for updates as I go

I will keep all my pictures as I go posted, but you can see everything I take at this link

http://gitout.com/v-web/gallery/v/Readers-Rides/JR/bumper/

Updates!!!

I finished the bumper today, did a little grinding, hit some spots with the DA, and sent it off to powdercoat.

Will post installed and finished pics on Tuesday when it comes back from powder coat. I opted for our smooth satin black finish. It should look real good.

Here are a few I took right before it was sent out. Beauty part is the end cost, working where I work has its perks...
I have about 2 hours labor into it. 2 hours and a final cost of $37, fantastic.

Finished pics, still need to do the aluminum skid and bolt my lights on

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turned out light too, one of my favorite things about it. my stock bumper with a little prerunner bar on it and factory towhook brackets weighed in about the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts