Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 9" housing a while back, planning to put it under my YJ when it's done. I hope to find a high pinion 3rd member, around 5.13 gears, Eaton E-locker or electrac and 31 spline axles. Just got the housing back from Dan after some trussing (thanks Shane for the suggestion):

If there's any interest I'll update this thread as things progress.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gained 30 pounds, that was 1/4" 2x4 8)
Here's the next step:
http://www.truehi9.com/index.html
With 5:38s. Saw an article in JP about it, I should be able to afford it if I can sell the PW. Or at least the axles. Hint hint.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found some company for the 9":

Ford HP D44, 5 on 5 bolt pattern like 9". Spring pearches line up so all I need are gears, high steer, shock mounts, and driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Just fyi....

On the strongback for the rear axle...

I would have done .120 tubing, and stretched it out a bit further than that...just my .02 for next time.

Give us a call, we can get everything you need for those axles, including a rear disk conversion :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I agree with Shane looks sweet the way it is but I would stretch the gusseting all the way to the ends. Looks like you are pretty capapable of doing that :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about stretching it that far but what about my U-bolts? Drill through the 2x4?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts