Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'll start this forum off. I'm building a 1984 Datsun KC 4x4. Doing a SAS with d60/44 axles from a '76 powerwagon. Engine is a 231 buick v6. I'm still debating on the trans. I would like to go with a 700r but will more than likely go with a turbo 350. I'm going to run dual Datsun cases.

If anyone has used these axles in a similar swap how much back space on the wheels will I need to keep the tires at least partly in the wells. For tires I want to go with a 12.5x35 or 36. Truck will be a DD and only occasionaly off-road. Any help, comments and/or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
sound bad a$$ :thumb:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Based on a couple of quick searches I did the dodge axles you will be using are about 12 inches wider than the ones currently in your truck. I would say you would want the highest offset you could find. Stock Humvee wheels would be ideal if they will work with your steering. I have heard of people having interference problems with the wheel hitting steering linkages. Plus you would have a double bead lock. Good luck with the build and be sure you post up pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts