Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been shopping for 35-37 inch tires. I am considering getting buck shots, but I havent seen many of these used for years. I am wondering what people's thoughts are on these tires. Are they any good, or are they old technoligy. Strong points/week points?

I have allways been a les shwab customer, and don't see much sense in changing, although the tires they carry are few and limited. From what ive heard its expencive to have them special order tires.

Hope to see a bunch of you on the trail this weekend:drive:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Buckshots aren't the same as they used to be. The old ones were awesome! I don't know much about the new ones, but I loved my old set. What is your price range? Call JJ at Commercial or Dan at Wallys. They are very helpful and competetively priced.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Maxxis makes a buckshot mudder, they use these tires in racing such as CORE.

I think 35" is the tallest though.

From their site:

The MT-754 Buckshot Mudder is perhaps Maxxis' most popular off-road tire. The MT-754 boasts an extremely aggressive tread pattern as well as a rugged sidewall in order to handle even the most extreme terrain. In addition, the Buckshot Mudder features unique self-cleaning lugs that ensure maximum traction at all times.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maxxis makes a buckshot mudder, they use these tires in racing such as CORE.

I think 35" is the tallest though.

From their site:

The MT-754 Buckshot Mudder is perhaps Maxxis' most popular off-road tire. The MT-754 boasts an extremely aggressive tread pattern as well as a rugged sidewall in order to handle even the most extreme terrain. In addition, the Buckshot Mudder features unique self-cleaning lugs that ensure maximum traction at all times.
I read the same thing on the web site, I was just curious about other people experience with them. thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I ran this size on a late 80's F-250. They seemed to wear great and had a good ride without the road noise that you would think they would have. This truck wasn't wheeled much but is was ran in the deep snow quit a few times as well as a few times in the mud. They seemed to work very well and the few times it would get stuck I was always able to just backout.

They do some funky sizing on the old ones. http://www.ntwonline.com/acb/showpr...7941&st3=-33406403&CATID=10&ObjectGroup_ID=89

Look at the radials 305/85/16. That is a tall skinny. I have a friend down south who runs them in this size on his Cruiser. He loves them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i ran a set on my zuk and they never let me down. they also did really great on the rocks for my experince.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended getting a sweet deal on some 315 75 16 TOYO Mt's. last night, I think that interprets to 35.6 in or somethin like that. thanks for the good input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts