Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I decide yesterday afternoon to go out to the resevoir in Mountain Home to play on the rocks a little and snap a few pics. It started out all good. I got some poser shots and then the breakage started. I wont go into the details, but by the end of it all I had a broken rear axle shaft, broken rear output shaft, snapped front driveline, u-shaped tie rod which caused my lower radiator hose to rupture and to top it all off a broken frame. Here are a few pics.

jeep 001 (Small).jpg

jeep 004 (Small).jpg

jeep 005 (Small).jpg

jeep 002 (Small).jpg

jeep 003 (Small).jpg

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
It's a jeep thing I don't understand:darn:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Josh ive almost got the new shop set up, let me know if you need a hand fixing it :D

Nice carnage there!!

We used to have comps on those kinds of rocks......and I have never seen soooo many broken parts in one place :D

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help Josh I had to go to work. Do you want to park that on my place too?

·
Registered
401 Posts
How could all that happen at once? :shocked:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lehi said:
Sorry I couldn't help Josh I had to go to work. Do you want to park that on my place too?
That's okay. I already took it out to John's since he is going to be doing some work on it. I may need a place to disassemble that wagoneer I have and put together the one that is already at your place :deal:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AH said:
How could all that happen at once? :shocked:
With the exception of the axle shaft everything happened during extraction. The frame was the result of a prior half-assed repair (not done by me).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thats the thing I like about the 4x4 community you got guys crawling out the wood work to volunteer shop space/help as well as give the man parts to fix his ride! You vendors are the shit.I'll buy you both a beer if i see you out and about :thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Not that you need any help, as I am pretty sure you know the right info, but if I can give you any "jeep" insight let me know.

I cant imagine what would be said if I didnt show twistedjack up on the trails every time out. :flipoff:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I cant imagine what would be said if I didnt show twistedjack up on the trails every time out. :flipoff:
I don't have a clue what you are talking about.:shame:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yeah, all I can say is WOW also, Yall are some generour's MOFO's. I need to work on my bronco somewhere. I need a tube bender and a welder. One of you fine gents willing to let me use your shop to whip up some full hydro steering? Hell ken, if you got some bling blingin rams and orbitials hangin out leme know I could sure use em :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Hey Josh I went out to see your rig at Johns. It is prettycool. Also just in case you didn't know the frame right across from your major break is also cracked too. The jeep will look good on top of Johns Frame.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
lehi said:
Hey Josh I went out to see your rig at Johns. It is prettycool. Also just in case you didn't know the frame right across from your major break is also cracked too. The jeep will look good on top of Johns Frame.
Yeah, it's in pretty bad shape. That is why I don't feel too bad about it breaking. Hopefully John gets his new frame built before too long. I'd hate to miss all the fun this summer.

Oh yeah, I really appreciate all the offers for help. Luckily I was already planning on addressing most of these issues. This will just give me a better reason to do everything I had planned.

Owyhee Rock Man, I may be calling you in a couple of weeks about some high steer arms and other steering stuff.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guy I traded my axles to pulled the broke shaft and brought by the pieces to me yesterday. What do you think?

100_1905 (Medium).jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rudezuk said:
Josh ive almost got the new shop set up, let me know if you need a hand fixing it :D

Nice carnage there!!

We used to have comps on those kinds of rocks......and I have never seen soooo many broken parts in one place :D
That must be the same rocks that broke evryone yesterday ? Only one rig finished the wild side. The age of the young lady changed a few times yesterday. How old was she Shane? Took first place and could hardly see over the dash. It was awesome ! I'm hoping they post footage soon:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts