Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to bleed my brakes not getting very far I probably let the master cylinder go dry am I going to have to take it off and bench bleed it? :banghead: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've done that, it just takes longer is all. Did you try some gravity bleeding? I've also had good luck with those self bleeding kits.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am gonna try to gravity bleed them tommorow. Man once I get these bled I can actually pull it out of the garage, that is drive it out of the garage go around the block and see what else I forgot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you want to self bleed you can do it with a bottle secured above the brake with a little fluid in it. Then you take a clear hose that fits snugly on the bleeder valve. The other end you place in the bottle making sure the end is submerged in fluid and secure it so that it can't come out of the fluid. Simply crack the bleeder and pump away until there are no visible bubbles in the hose.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Favorite bleeding method to date,

Take holley red pump that is no longer used for fuel and has been cleaned. Attach to bleeder and battery. Place oldest son in engine compartment with gallon of brake fluid and let er rip. Repeat briefly on each wheel and keep in close communication with eldest son. When he runs out of brake fluid and tells you that "we are done" obviously you didn't explain the concept well enough.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like Kerts idea we will see how far gravity bleeding gets me today. Hey Paul if you are king of bleeding brakes get up here man theres gotta be a reason to come up to IF and help some poor sucker out :mrgreen: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts