Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is anyone NOT going to Moab for Labor day :roll: maybe we could try to hit a local trail in the a.m. on Labor day.

I'm not volunteering to be the trail leader or anything, cause I don't even know where the trails are doah But if there is anyone interested in getting together and going froadin, just let me know where to meet.

I am looking for a opportunity to play with my CJ a little. It rides on 33x9.5 MT's. With a Dana 44 rear (open) and Dana 30 front (lock-rite). It has homemade TBI fuel injection on the 327 so angles shouldn't be an issue. The t-18 has the 6.32:1 first gear (I am having a slight issue with the T-case, doesn't seem to like 4lo. But it does give me 2lo without the twin stick whistle ).Have a cheap winch and some other recovery gear, but not enough of course.

Reply back show we can show these fancy pants Moab travelling type people that we don't need no stinkin Moab :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have all the gear the club requires, need hitch points on rear, CB, and the tow strap. I probably won't have the time to get this stuff together either, so I guess I won't be hitting the club run. However if by some miracle I get this stuff together where and when would I meet the club?

This is the wagon in front of the CJ. It is an early 63 (split windshield and tailgate). With the Super Hurricane 6, stock tranny (not sure what it is), and the stock twin stick dana 18 T-case. Has lots of cancer, and the motor runs but has serious blow-by and needs a rebuild. This one is kind of for sale whistle , I'm asking 1650.00 which is a lot for the condition its in, but it is my wifes favorite. If I sell it I would use the money to start working on the one I am going to build. But if I don't sell it thats cool to, I will just restore it when I can :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Or go to the High Desert meeting the last Tuesday of the month in Meridian. Both groups are a good bunch of people.
Thanks for the :thumb:

High Desert meets the last Tuesday of every month (that's tomorrow!) at Idaho Pizza 405 E. Fairview in Meridian at 7pm. You're welcome to attend anytime.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have to work OT tommorrow night so there's no way I can make the High Desert meeting. I may be able to make the IOR meeting but it is after the only day I have available to wheel until Christmas break from BSU :banghead:

Damn this is frustrating :angryfir: . I just want to have a nice morning of playing when I have the chance. What maps do you guys use to determine where to wheel, and where do you get them? Maybe I will just get a couple and see if I can get myself lost for a morning.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Owyhee Rock Man, how much would you need for that 6cyl? It's something I may consider here in a couple months.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I didn't really get to go wheelin today, but my wife and I did get a couple hours on some dirt roads. We took the Murphy stage road to Silver City, and then back through DeLemar and Jordan Valley. Didn't really find anything to lock the hubs on but I didn't try that hard either. My wife is not quite as adventurous as I am :mrgreen:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts