Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the Association site and Chris would like WWOR Members to attend if they can.

BLUERIBBON COALITION ACTION ALERT!

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Twin Falls District is preparing a Resource Management Plan (RMP) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Jarbidge Field Office. The current Jarbidge RMP was completed 19 years ago in 1987.

An RMP can be compared to a county master plan where management direction and objectives are defined for specific resources and areas. They address issues including livestock grazing, recreation, wildlife habitat, off-highway vehicle use, camping and even energy and mineral development.

The BLM will identify issues that the new RMP will address and then develop a range of alternatives each addressing the issues slightly differently. The BLM will also develop a 'preferred alternative.'

The BLM is in the initial stage of the RMP development, so it's important for recreationists to become involved now. To provide you with an opportunity to learn about the planning process, to share information and to submit feedback on the RMP/EIS and the preliminary issues and planning criteria, the Jarbidge Field Office has scheduled four open house sessions.

Upcoming Open House Community Meetings for Jarbidge RMP/EIS

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 / 5 - 8 pm
Twin Falls, ID
Red Lion Hotel-Canyon Springs
1357 Blue Lakes Blvd., North

Thursday, May 18, 2006 / 5 - 8 pm
Buhl, ID
8th Street Center
200 North 8th Street

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 / 5 - 8 pm
Glenns Ferry, ID
History Center at Three Island Crossing State Park
1083 South Three Island Park Drive (entrance fee waived)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 / 5 - 7 pm
Three Creek, ID
Three Creek School
49909 Three Creek Road

PLEASE IF YOU RECREATE IN ANY OF THESE AREAS GET INVOLVED NOW! PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP RECREATION AREAS OPEN.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Brian Hawthorne
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 102

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I could probably go, but I need a ride. Unless a miracle happens and I have the alternator fixed tonight. And I agree, get a hold of Chris HOW? Oh I forgot, I just need to call you :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I am driving from Meridian and would sure like to have some folks jump in and go with me. Please post up if you have any interest in participating in this. The more support we have the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts