Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of the blazer with my 38" swamper radials. They just barely fit in! this is with no lift, stock axles. Just putting them on raised it 4" up above the stock height. Can't wait to get the 1 tons under it and the 4" lift.......

Blazinzuk is trying to talk me into just doing a 2" body lift and do some trimming....I haven't decided yet... I like the way it looks sitting that low on those huge tires, but I don't really want to give up the flex that the 4" spring lift will give me.... whatchyall think?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Definitely do the susp. lift. A 4" body lift is a bad idea.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
He means a 2" body lift and I am actually trying to talk him into doing no lift at all. A little redrilling of the perches and a little (okay mabey alot) fender trimming and voila perfect fit. You really have to see it in person it looks so beefy. Seeing it has convinced me to take almost 5" of lift out of my blazer. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
If you can make it fit! :finger:

I run a 4" lift and a 1" body lift with the axle forward 3.25", no inner fenders and some cutting. I bet you end up lifting it some. :deal:

Looks good though. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I think we will end up lifting it about 4" with the rear springs up front and a shackle flip in back. It will still need alot of fender trimming on it though because of the flex of this kind of lift. That is kind of the reason I want to make them fit right now. It will be trimmed enough to allow full flex with the lift :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... yeah, what the "Project Manager" sez...... :finger: :finger:
I do agree tho, I will just stay with the shackle reversal and the rear springs up front.. I like the low and meaty look, but I think I'd be giving up more flex that way than I really care for.. Lockers can help alot on the trails, but Lockers PLUS lift and flex will make it pretty kick-ass.... :deal: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mind the trimming part at all, I just want to keep the lift to a minimum, I've never liked the look of rigs with 12" of lift and 35"-38" tires.. I want this rig to still look nice and clean body-wise and have a good motor and suspension to take advantage of the tires and lockers..Once I get this one all finished (relatively speaking), then I can start thinking about a rig that is built more extreme...but for now, this is just going to be a very capable rig for all types of terrain, but retaining the mostly stock appearance...That way I can pull a few surprises on some folks on the trails.... :firedevi: :firedevi:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, yeah, for starters..... :oops: :oops: :deal:
asshole.... :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
97 Posts
blt2krl said:
Cut the fenders and lift it four inches.
What he said. Minimal lift, trimmed fenders, push front axle forward, rear axle rearward, then let the body damage begin! :thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
You should be able to make it work with the 52's and the flip and trimming. I did that with a touch of body lift and stuffed the 44's in. Haven't flexed it yet but I think it will work ok.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You should be able to make it work with the 52's and the flip and trimming. I did that with a touch of body lift and stuffed the 44's in. Haven't flexed it yet but I think it will work ok.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'll be pulling it into the shop this week and doing the trimming and lift, so we'll see how it goes..

·
Registered
97 Posts
What axles are you runnin' in it right now??? Are you still 10b front and rear??? :?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
10b front and 14b rear, at least till I finish paying for my ferd 60

1 - 20 of 31 Posts