Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I was in Portland last year for 3 months, and there is a bunch of stations out there that offer Bio Diesel. Bio was about .25 more per gallon than regular diesel.

Some incentive to use it huh...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cool,

I will use it, if its not way more expensive then number 2. Just for the lubrication. This new low sulpher crap has very little lubricity, and an addative such as Diesel Kleen should be used with it, so that bumps up the cost anyway.

:drive:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Actually ULSD has lube additives added to it to bump it up... though diesel kleen is good to run in every tank anyhow. I run 10oz of that along with about 1/2 gallon of used engine oil at every fill up.

I'll run bio if it's cheaper and I happen to be in Boise. In some states bio is 0.30-0.40 cheaper than #2.... I doubt it will work out that way here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Went to the stinker website and found the locations:

Look for our brand new store at 3319 Garrity Blvd. in Nampa Idaho, opening late Fall 2006
Bio-diesel is now available at the following locations:
  • 2323 Main St. - Boise
  • 300 N. Orchard - Boise
  • 530 N. Five Mile - Boise
  • 2550 S. Apple - Boise
  • 10677 W. Ustick - Boise
  • 524 12th Ave. - Nampa
  • 16000 Hwy 20/26 - Caldwell
  • 5024 E. Cleveland - Caldwell
  • 317 S. Washington - Emmett
  • 820 N. W. 16th St. - Fruitland

·
Registered
151 Posts
bio diesel at sinclare stations in Las Vegas last month was $3.09, regular diesel was $3.19

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
reading on it on RME and the consensus there was about just under $3 a gallon, course they run $.20 less a gallon across the board than us regularly, well $1.00 under MH (sorry guys, but I fueled there, and WOW off the hook!).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals, I Think That The Government Is Supposed To Be Giving Encentives At The Pump To Lower The Cost Of Bio. I Think The Program Was Supposed To Lower The Cost Of Fuel For Farmers And Companies That Primarily Use Deisel Trucks. I Personaly Don't Think That The Price Will Drop Any Time Soon With Bio Because There Is Not Enough Supply Right Now To Fuel The Whole Country. The Only Plus For The Bio Right Now Is Lubrication And Environmental Cleaning. I Am In Tennesse And Alot Of Farmers Here Are Using Bio But Not Many Daily Drivers Are Pumping. The Price For The Fuel Is A Little Higher Here Than Regular Deisels. I Think About .25 Difference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Drove by Stinker tonight on 12th in Nampa, and the price of biodiesel is $3.29 same price as normal ULSD diesel at Shell at Garrity and the Freeway. :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry to bring back the dead but I was watching the show Trucks the other day and Stacy David was showing how you can make your own bio not hard really all you have to do is get some metholol (Sp?) and about 30gal of veggie oil every three or four days but other than that it only costs about .50 to make 20gal. Oh yeah plus the cost to get the filtering equipment I think around $1500. Also in chevygirls link they are talking about mixing the bio with #2 so that would be the reason for the high price only 10 - 20 bio.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Anyone know what the price of biodiesel is?... are they still selling it even? I haven't heard much about it since Sept.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts