Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering up a sas kit from most likely trailgear later in the summer and am still debating what shocks to go with. I don't have any experience with either Bilstiens or BBCS shocks but have heard good things about both. Trail gear will knock off $50 a shock if I want to run different shocks so basically I'll be paying $50 more per shock with the bbcs's. Is there anyone on here that's ran both and can give me a decent comparrison/advice? I really hated the ride on my 85' and want to keep my suspension as soft as possible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Which Bilsteins are you thinking of getting? There are many different kinds of bilstein's. I would go with the 7100 series if you can drop the $$$. Remote resivor too. The bilsteins are rebuildable and you can change the valveing to your personall preference. The bbc's are a good shock from what I here I have a few friends that run them and they like them for the $$$. I have seen them up close and they are a very well built shock. I don't think you will go wrong either way. If soft is what yo want then why not spend the $35 on the poo comp. gas shocks, I just threw 4 of them out.:thumb: They were waaayyy too soft, and overheated in about 5 minutes in the sand. If you were thinking on the 5100 series of bilsteins, then hmmm I think I would go with the bbc's. Just my .02.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They would be the 5125's that come in trail gear and marlins sas kits. I don't have the $$$ for the 7100's and really don't even have the $$$ for the BBCS's but would eat top ramen for the next couple months to pay for it if I had to. I've already gone the poo comp/rancho route and hated the ride on road and off.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I run Bilstein 5100s on my Dodge. Rides pretty nice for a 1 ton suspension.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Yeah, I got the BBCS... never tried the bilsteins, but I know that some folks have had problems with the threaded bushing on the shock body breaking.

I will certainly let you know how the BBCS perform, I plan on some high speed sand running next month.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey I got my trail gear kit today and we are going to begin the install next thursday come check them out if you want

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FOX3 are you frank? I'm up for helping with the install, just let me know when and where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts