Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what type of suspension would be best to put on to a 77 k5 blazer i was thinking 1 ton all the way around the blazer has a 400 small block in it to it should be able to handle that big of axle set up i was also wondering about the shackle flip and how long that last most of all thanks for dealin with me

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Welcome to the board. :thumb:

How much lift are you thinking of? The shaclke flip in the rear works great and gets you about 4" of lift. Any front spring will do but it depends on what you are going to do with the rig.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lift

i was thinking about just going with the 4 for now i was also wondering what would be better super swomper bogers or just super swompers i was planing on going with 38 if it would fit

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
The tires will depend on what you are planning on doing. If its mud with not much street driving, go with the boggers. Anything else, go with the swampers. I've tried them all and the swampers are a better all around tire.

You'll have to do a huge amount of trimming to fit 38" tires on a 4" lift. It can be done though. You might want to chase it with a body lift to help the firewall clearance.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was planning on useing it for mudding more then driving it on the street i hvae a lil honda who makes good body liftd for these

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Look at AJs toy album the most recent pics will be of a 4" lift with 38s. Alot of people are using the shackle flip. It works well. You might ask some of the guys about using rear springs on the front this will net you 4" of lift and a smoother ride I know Sandmans uses this and AJ toy will be rolling in a couple of months. That also moves the front axle forward quite a bit this helps alot with the tire clearance. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
883 Posts
wtmredneck said:
i was planning on useing it for mudding more then driving it on the street i hvae a lil honda who makes good body liftd for these
Give us a call, we'll get you tjhe right stuff!!

208-323-hbrk

Thx!!
WELCOME!!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The other thing about mud is you might think about going as big as you can afford if you have the axles to take it. If you have the guts to cut and some welding capabilty I am truly convinved you could run 44s with 4" of lift and only limit travel a little bit. Build it the way you want to the first time and then you won't have to start over again good luck building it man keep us updated :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with 44's

how much of a lift would i need to have would i need a body lift of some sort becuase i think it would be rad to have it with 44's :finger:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts