Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry its been so long.. but I have had alot going on right in recent months... another knee surgery, 2 deaths in the family and work stuff...

I have made significant progress on my FSJ...

W/T conversion is completed... bodywork 90% completed...

Still gonna drop it 2" more for better COG and FORCE myself to stick with 36's :D.. I dont wanna regear again.. lol

anyway.. the latest and greatest info is the powerplant swap that is in progress...

Caddy 500 to replace the tire 360...

started with this...

after some good hours in the garage... she is ready to drop in..

Still waiting on my tranny to get here.. should be this week.. hopefully....

Nice to see the board growing...

oh.. and a new pic of the W/T conversion with the extended wheelbase ( 4.5" stretch out back) and my wife in the poser pic.. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice looking. Must have been difficult to leave that smog pump on there! Or air pump or whatever they call it. I though those only came on 425's.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys... glad to be back...

actually... that motor is from a 76 eldo... I got it COMPLETE as its on the stand for $500 and I drove the car! solid running... no smoke and NO LEAKS!!!

Im leaving EVERYTHING the way it was for now... eventually... I will start the mods on the motor.. but my tired 360 is just not enuf for me...

BTW..I went the DIY4x site... VERY NICE PRODUCTS!!! I may hit you up on the 14 disc brackets.. as I grabbed the rear calipers off the eldo at the same time :thumb:

oh yeah.. the Teraflex 'rollovers' are coming off too... too many mishaps as of late with other FSJ's and Im not gonna chance it...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol, you could always send those tera's my way, I'd tinker with them for a bit and see how the would work on my blazer....
what width are your springs?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al,

for $25 and shipping you can have the rollovers... when they come off.. which should be fairly soon...

and don't worry about pics... I ALWAYS take plenty...

I have to move around 6-14 Nov... so right after that... the transplant begins...

I will most likely wait until the 500 install before I do the 14 discs... thats not important right now...but I will hit you up when Im ready to drop the 100lb boat anchor style drums... :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Its good to hear from you again! :thumb:

Rigs looking good too. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts