Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
That about the same thing that I run and I love them. I would give Kurt (DIY4x) a chance to beat the price though.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sandman said:
That about the same thing that I run and I love them. I would give Kurt (DIY4x) a chance to beat the price though.
OK, I guess I'm an idiot, but I could never understand how welding a ring on the outside of the wheel would allow you to clamp the bead. What am I missing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rudezuk said:
You weld on a bolt ring, and then bolt the outer lip of your tire between the weld on ring and the bolt on ring.

The two rings sandwich the tire bead in there :D
So the welded ring goes inside the tire? (the only stupid question is one not answered. LOL)

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Nail them down on the shipping and handling. Some of those outfits sell cheap then screw ya on the shipping.
Says free shipping. I was just wondering on the 24 bolt style vs. the 32 bolt style.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
therealratfink said:
OK, I guess I'm an idiot, but I could never understand how welding a ring on the outside of the wheel would allow you to clamp the bead. What am I missing.
Here's a writeup I did on mine:

Bead Locks

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
32 bolts take a LONG time to cinch down.:lame:

I would go with the 24. I know that 32 prolly is more protection, but 24 is prolly enuff!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
cannoncrawler said:
32 bolts take a LONG time to cinch down.:lame:

I would go with the 24. I know that 32 prolly is more protection, but 24 is prolly enuff!
I have 16 bolts in mine and I pop the heads off every now and then. 24 is probably enough. 2nd vote for DIY4x.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
another vote for DIY4X.. he does whatever design you want as well... he has my ajs performance ones on his site.
I only wish he did yota stuff, I like all the products I have gotten from him, and wouldn't hesitate to buy more. PLUS, it IS important to support the vendors here.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Rudezuk said:
Even vendors support each other here..

Ken bought a set of my beadlocks from me that i had Kert make :D
OY!
I've bought from Shane before, as well as Kert..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts