Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Battle Mountain???

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Chevycrew 
#1 ·
Anybody been to the bogs in Battle Mountain?

What are the pits usually like? How deep do they consider a Bog?
Are they running the same 3 classes based on tire size as Fallon?

Been thinking about heading that way and was wondering if it was worth the trip.
Thanks

#4 ·
I've been there several times, most of the time they are bogs, 80-100ft long & 3ft+ deep, it is a pretty good time, I would see if you can get a contact number & give them a call before heading this way, Last time I went there I showed up & found out they were cancled due to another race in a near by town, If you guys come down for sure let me know, I'll go with you.

#7 ·
Pretty much just a tire size thing, up to 33" = stock class, 33"-38" = modified, bigger than 38" = unlimited,

There only two trucks there that are any more than a lifted streetable vehicle, Mine, & a gutted s-10 with a small block 38" boggers up front & 39.5" boggers out back, normally he runs the mud modifed class (in utah events) some of you may have seen him at soda springs, it the green truck called "slimer", he is from battle mountain & is a local favorite,
Last year I had a tranny problem & he beat me hands down, I hope to make that a different story this year,

#8 ·
I believe "Slimer" is the fellow who won the Mud Modified class in Soda last year (I placed 3rd, best I've ever done there). If it's the same rig then it is completely gutted. I also think he is the guy that we fed some BBQ'd burgers to after the race two years ago. Seems like a nice guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.