Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may seem like an easy question but I've heard it both ways now.... I have a bad vibration in my rig and I suspect it is coming from the rear driveline. So my question is how do you set your pinion angle.. I have a four link suspition so I can ajust it up or down but it is a pain in the A$$ so I wana get it right on the first try. Here is an illustration of what I am talking about any input would be appreciated :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Top one is wrong,, If you point the rear end yoke at the T-case you will need a CV joint in the D-shaft.... Bottom one will be alright IF the D-shaft angle is not to severe..............................

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ontherocks said:
Top one is wrong,, If you point the rear end yoke at the T-case you will need a CV joint in the D-shaft.... Bottom one will be alright IF the D-shaft angle is not to severe..............................
I do have a CV in the drive shaft sorry I didnt include that in my drawing :oops: :oops:
so does this mean the top one is right??

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yup. With the CV in place you would use the top drawing. I put mine just a shade low around 1* so when the axle gets torque on it it will settle in right in line.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't forget to check how freely the driveline rotates at full stuff and full droop. With a 4-link you may find that limiting straps are needed to avoid binding when fully drooped. Some strap the center, others out by the wheels. My straps are by the wheels to keep the TJ coil springs from dislodging from their perches.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't forget to check how freely the driveline rotates at full stuff and full droop. With a 4-link you may find that limiting straps are needed to avoid binding when fully drooped. Some strap the center, others out by the wheels. My straps are by the wheels to keep the TJ coil springs from dislodging from their perches.

·
Registered
70 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts