Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 100% bolt on truss system for your 14BFF. This adresses the issue of flexing the tubes and eventually cracking loose the spot welds holding the axle tubes in place. So if your pounding your rig hard, give it some "BACKBONE!"
Guardsman sold seperately. These were updated to the website this morning.

Truss pricing $195.00. Customization handled case by case.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Is breaking tubes on a 14bolt a common thing?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Nate You notice how my burb doesn't wheel hop. Without the setup I have on it; it would suck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nate said:
Is breaking tubes on a 14bolt a common thing?
I wouldn't say breaking the tubes but spinnning them in the housing is not so uncommon. Really the only thing I have seen with any regularity. Look at some of the spot welds holding them in place and you will understand why. In fact this setup housing has the biggest bubble in a spot weld I have ever seen!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
muddinmike said:
You mean doesn't suck now? :flipoff:
Calm Down Mike TTC is coming and your going down HARD.:thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've set up a few of these now for four link. Kept it all a bolt on deal! Sounds like they are working great. Both guys that bought these built them with degreed ends on the links rather than degreed mounting.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Where have you been lately Kurt? Did you get your dual caliper setup finished yet?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
busier than busy bud! I get on here once in a while and cruise through a few posts and read what I can.

The dual brake caliper deal is an interesting beast. We wanted too use smaller calipers than the normal stuff but finding a suitable caliper/rotor combination is the hiccup. I made the setup work on my crew cab but I have a brand new rotor that is turned to min. spec to start with!:lame:

Don't want to do it this way so it would have to be a custom rotor which is bucks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
The welds on my 14B tubes look real tight, so that doesn't worry me. But this critter here looks like it might help solve the ladder bar install quandary I'm in. If y'all could weld a mount to the top to order (with the understanding that this'd cost more, of course.)

I'd rather stick with one bar to minimize impact on flex, but I've got to do something practical to cut out the spring wrap I'm getting under heavy load. I wasn't terribly excited about welding to the diff housing because I'm not that confident in my welding yet, but I don't want to hire it out. Since I'm a sumbich with a set of open-ended wrenche
s :rolleyes:, I could prolly install one of these and avoid a new set of nervous ticks, eh?

I'm almost done saving up for my .44 mag (next week?!?!) but I can start saving for this afterwards, I think. I'll have to get the bar built, too. This won't be immediate. Hopefully this summer, though.

-Mikey-

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm saving for it now...should have enough to buy by sometime in October. Maybe earlier.

But I have a few questions.

The post with the first pics says the "Guardsman" is extra. What's a "Guardsman"? Which part of the pics is the Guardsman?

Which part of the pics (besides the tube going up and over) is part of the truss? I'm assuming the truss has to attach to the pumpkin somehow - is it via the plate the goes all the way around the diff face and is bolted in by the 14 bolts?

If so, how thick is this plate? Will I need new, longer bolts to hold my diff cover on (my diff cover is not stock - it's the Great Lake Offroad "Extreme Duty Diff Cover".) The cap bolts holding it on now are countersunk, as the cover design made them. Will this truss installation result in the bolts, uhm, surfacing?

If it's relevant, I also have the Great Lake Offroad Yoke Guard. Does that cause any problems with truss installation?

Thanks for your time, -Mikey-

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm saving for it now...should have enough to buy by sometime in October. Maybe earlier.

But I have a few questions.

The post with the first pics says the "Guardsman" is extra. What's a "Guardsman"? Which part of the pics is the Guardsman? Guardsman is essentiall the same thing as the Pinion guard you have.

Which part of the pics (besides the tube going up and over) is part of the truss? I'm assuming the truss has to attach to the pumpkin somehow - is it via the plate the goes all the way around the diff face and is bolted in by the 14 bolts? The axle clamps out on the ends, pinion tie in plates, and the diff cover tie in plate.

If so, how thick is this plate? Will I need new, longer bolts to hold my diff cover on (my diff cover is not stock - it's the Great Lake Offroad "Extreme Duty Diff Cover".) The cap bolts holding it on now are countersunk, as the cover design made them. Will this truss installation result in the bolts, uhm, surfacing? You may need longer bolts. I dont know what he supplies with his diff cover or how thick his ring is so you'll have to play that part by ear. It's 1/4" thick.

If it's relevant, I also have the Great Lake Offroad Yoke Guard. Does that cause any problems with truss installation? Your yoke guard will not interfere Depending on a few things. It would go on the outside of the pinion tie in plate for some applications. Some are built the other way around but we can mix and match and get a set up that will work for you.

Thanks for your time, -Mikey-
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm ready to make the purchase and I have the cash...I think. I noticed your post with the price in it is 16 months old. What's inflation done to pricing? What's the current damage? I should've thought of that before now. I probably have it anyhow.

Can you get ahold of me via IM so we can line this up? I've gathered up some of the parts necessary to build myself an anti-wrap bar and I'm ready to make this my winter project. After I get the electrical system to work, that is.

Thanks...I'm looking forward to seeing this truss.

-Mikey-

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The price for just the backbone right now is $210.00.

That is guardsman or non guardsman equipped. Not including the guardsman. Just a little bit different on the length of the front pieces.

Pricing reviews aren't scheduled to happen again till the first of the year so ya got some time yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts