Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the poop...... :deal:

i need ta find some axle ideas.

my 9 1/4 rear end won't hold low enough gears so the search is on.

any one got any cheap axles lyin around, or have any ideas?

want to run 5:13 or 5:38's

pipe up let me know :thumb:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drop

the drop is on the passenger side.

i am going to get measurements of things tomorrow to see what parameters i am workin with

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'd say get 1 ton running gear from another dodge, or get it from a chevy...they're ALMOST the same just a couple inches different and steering is different, but nothing that can't be modiified

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Be careful with using the GM stuff, it's a little narrower which can cause huge trouble later. Go for some Dodge 3/4 - 1 ton stuff. The vac loc front 60 is the best deal, cause nobody wants them. Its easy to do a one piece shaft and the housings can take pretty good beating. Good luck

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Youve got that backwards, Dodge stuff is narrower. Chevy 3/4-1 ton gear front ends measure 69 inches wheel mount to wheel mount. The rears are around 67. Of course maybe your talking about spring pad width? The chevy stuff is 32.5 inches from center to center. If I remember correclty mid 70's until early 80's dodge uses the same measurments. I thnik it changed when dodge went to coils up front with the crappy vacum accuated front housings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts