Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I did the 4.0 head swap onto a 4.2. Everything has run well since up to last week.

I noticed when I would accelerate I would have some hesitation at ~1500-2000 rpm then it would smooth out. I thought my fuel pump was going out. This lasted for about a week, then at an intersection while idling the jeep sputtered then died.

I wanted to be sure the fuel pump was good before I dropped the fuel tank so I hard wired from the battery to the main power line and the fuel pump kicked on so I know it is good.

I have been following the AllDataDIY wirind diagrams and have found that the fuel pump relay appears to be good. While I was testing the auto shutdown relay in the Power Distribution Center(PDC), I noticed that if I grounded the right side horizontal pin(the wiring diagram calls it pin 5 and is on the left), the fuel pump would kick on. This pin is goes to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) as well as the same pin location on the fuel pump relay.

My question is, would there be any problem with grounding this pin? If I ground it, the fuel pump will run. Does the pump normally run all the time or does it cycle to maintain a set pressure? Also, will this cause any problems with anything else in the jeep? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. For a follow up to this, click here. :darn::darn::darn:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts