Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the June meeting I had said I'd lead a run in August. I was thinking of Lost Trail. Not too tough, some obstacles for the big trucks, but not too bad. At the July meeting I was pretty sick, darn allergies give me flu like symptoms. I felt terrible. I wouldn't have even come to the meeting but I said I'd bring the grill. Evening run? What day? Or did you all want to do something else? I'm starting to get irritated that I'm never around when you are on runs. I went to Wyoming for a week and came back to see the Lizard Gulch pictures. Looks like it was a good run! Run prior to the meeting or after?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know it shows that you edited it? :finger:

I need to get a front driveline prior to the run. It has a dent right at the splines. It won't compress or extend at all. The 40 should be gone by then so I can't take it.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Is there a date for the August run YET?? Are you planning on a SUNDAY EVENING RUN..

You guys confuse the hell outta me...

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking August 13th, it could be a different date. A Sat. night run. Probably leave MH about 6pm. Get to the trailhead about 7pm. It isn't a long trail. It depends how much playing. But starting later allows it to cool some in the desert and it allows the Sat. workers to attend.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It does???? :banghead: :banghead: You could always borrow Gregs, he doesn't need it!! LOL[/quote]

Hey, Greg's isn't for borrowing :? I'd be up for a night ride.

Chris, do you have any lights I can borrow? whistle

I'll have the whole fam damily though (minus the wife) (yes 66TLC, the kids).

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think we need a better way to organize these runs.. I will not be able to attend either, SINCE the MTN. Home car show is that weekend, and the CLUB decided to do it.. MEaning there is a poker run in town Sat. night, BBQ and such, the car show is on Sunday the 14th... And the Club has decided to be involved.. Chuck has secured the booth, There will be a Best 4x4 Contest on Sat. Registration for that is 15.00. I will inform, you all with ALL the details here in a bit..

It sounds like you all forgot about this... HUMMM... OOPPSS.. Just an oversite.. I recommend everyone bring pens and note pads to the next meeting... Whatcha think...
:beer:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It can be almost any Sat. night. I was actually going to check the Mud Bog schedule to see if it conflicted. Originally, I was thinking the 6th but that is prior to the meeting and some folks wouldn't find out. Those non web inclined folks might be interested in attending. August 20th would work too. I'm open to suggestions, as I said when I opened the post when? and what time? It could be a Sunday or a day run too. The idea of an evening night run was two fold. Those who work Sat. could attend and still have a day off on Sunday and it would be a lot cooler. I'm up for anything I can always turn my AC on :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lost Trail is where I was thinking of going as there are plenty of bypasses and challenges for those who want them. It is about 150 miles or so round trip from Mtn. Home including the trail. A lot of that is highway as the turn off is between Murphy and Dan's Ferry. Not really an overnighter type place. Too hot, too dusty, and no water. It is a good trail to do at night/evening. We can set the actual date at the meeting.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got them in my rig! This trail is actually quite clean. I've never seen any trash on it. However, that can change with just one person.

Eric V.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts