1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the thread from the Gen4x4:

http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3973

broncoman said:
We have a lot of things planned including the runs, a car show with our rigs and a great banquet. Many board members and members of Snake River Offroaders have put a lot of time and effort into making this an awesome get together! We pre-ran the trails and they will be great! The rocks are mild to extreme, the sand is second to none and the trail rides are beautiful!

http://www.idahostate4x4association....gistration.pdf

Register at the above link and support the Association. It will be great!

Thanks to all who have helped and registered!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trail rides: These are full day trailrides, taking 6-8 hours
One is available each day, Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th

One will run up by the towers near Green Canyon.

The other will be accross the desert north of the dunes into the back side of Island Park. We will look at some craters, caves and stuff on that one.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sand Runs will be available Friday and Saturday.

Harder-than-trailride Rock Trails will be available Friday and Saturday.

These will be half day runs, tentatively two of each will happen both days, depending on participant interest.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sand runs require an Orange flag, which must be fastened to your rig and be 8 feet from the ground. They can be picked up at WalMart for one time use or any motocross shop for more $$$. If you decide to run the sand, and cannot get a flag, some....(very limited quantity)... will be available for purchase at the event.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and the picture at the top is dedicated to mike :flipoff:

Thanks to Greg Lemmon for all of his work creating the sign up sheet, the SRO advertisement and especially the absolutely fantastic posters that have been passed out to most of the local 4x4 shops!!!
THANKS A TON GREG!!!

If you have not seen the posters yet, go visit your local 4x4 shop.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There will be check in on Thursday evening from 6-9pm at Broulims on Main Street. Then we will meet about 7am at Broulims on Friday morning to have a drivers meeting and head out to each trail. Then those on the sand and rock trails will meet for lunch at the rock trail if they want to and Sonic will have lunch for $3.00 available or you can bring your own. After the afternoon runs we will meet at Sonic on 2nd East by KMart and have a car show at 6:30-7:00pm. We will have a car show there and have dinner. Sat. morning back to Broulim's and Sonic will provide breakfast burritos for all of us there. Drivers meeting again and go wheeling. Sat. night we will have a dinner where you just bring a pot luck dish and we will provide everything else. Then we will have a raffle and stuff.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Nicely laid out Nate, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
UPDATE:

Camping: We have secured the fairgrounds for camping. You may park your tow rig there too. This should provide us with the opportunity to get to know eachother better. We are going to have a fee of $10.00. We are working on getting some donations to cover this cost, but for now it will be $10 each. This will make it easier to stay together and build friendships. There are bathrooms available for us there too.

Meals:

Sonic will have a mobil grill at the rock trail on Friday and Saturday for lunch. It is close enough to the sand that you may want to come eat there if you are on a sand run. It will be $3.00 for a burger, fries and drink. Friday night we will have a car show and dinner at Sonic. Saturday morning Sonic will provide us with FREE breakfast burritos! They will be at the check in at Broulim's. Saturday night we will be having a dinner together at the VFW Hall (next door to the fairgrounds). The Association will provide the meat, buns, bbq and condiments. YOU will be responsible to bring a pot luck dish (salad, desert, chips, pop, etc.) to share with everyone else. Make sure it's enough to feed a decent size group. These items can be picked up at Broulim's Grocery store since they are supporting us.

Thanks, if you have more questions post them up!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Is the cost the same for just Saturday?

I was thinking if I go, I'd just leave Mtn. Home in the early AM Saturday.

I'm not sure I can take a couple days off this late in the game. We have to have our leave in the books at least a month in advance... boss likes it 6 months out though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
gripguru: Just sent you an email with some info from the registration form. I think I'll be able to make it if all goes as planned. Let me know if you need anything else, thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
So........when is someone going to drop off a poster to the only 4x4 shop on this side of the state???

They look good by the way:thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Steve, We haven't done it because of the local BLM, but I have one at my house if you want to put it inside or something. Let's do it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Last time I checked, Memorial Day weekend isn't the 16 and 17th of June. :rotfl: I didn't take any time off, the Air Force gave it to everyone.

Why is this not on a Saturday and Sunday??

muddinmike said:
what happened to your 5 day weekend your yapping about?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts