Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last run out I had some issues with both my solenoids. One is leaking enough that my compressor kicks on every minute or so, I figured I could take this one apart and clean it out, maybe I got some water in there that froze or something. The second is spitting out diff fluid. Does this mean my o-rings in the ARB are shot? The locker still functions. Or is there a simpler solution to this, I fear I’m looking at a teardown and doing some locker maintenance. Any more experienced insight would be great! Let me know if I am on the right tracks with this…

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
How much gear oil? A slight mist is normal.

Pulling the solenoids apart is simple. There's just couple parts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It used to just be a slight mist, and I never worried about it, now it's more of a gurgle....more like my solenoid is drowning in gear oil. Could it be the fact that it was well below freezing, making the gear oil a little less viscous?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't know much about the Locker problem that might exist, But I have a good replacement for your ARB Solonoid.

I bought mine from Fiero Fluid Power Inc.
8675 S. 700 West
Sandy UT 84070
(801)567-1188

It is a MAC Valve http://www.macvalves.com/Catalogs/CT/35.pdf
Part # 35A-AAA-DDAA-1BA
Cost $17.5 ea

Make sure you specify 12 v when you order. They only list 24 v & up on the website but will put a 12 v one together for no extra charge.

I have 2 installed, 1 running the rear & 1 waiting for the front. No problems as of yet. :thumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for the ling, looks like some good stuff, and I'll keep that in mind.

I did tear apart the one that was leaking, cleaned it all out, lubed all the o rings, and assembled it. Seems to hold air fine now, well see how that goes.
As far as the one that is spewing oil, how much oil is to be expected, and it's in a 31 spline Ford 8.8if that matters any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts