Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched this guys auctions for a while b/c I thought the price was a bit low. I emailed him a few times and each time he emailed back ASAP. I asked him for a 45" bumper w/ 50 degree ends. He says no problem total with shipping a drings is 140. I paypal him the money and its been 2 1/2 weeks and no word. I know his feed back says he is slow but good quality... I want to give him the benefit of hte doubt cuz i've never been hosed on a jeep part in the 8 years i've had my YJ.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...:RTQ:US:1

Anyone know him or have experience with his stuff? TIA, Tim

·
Registered
781 Posts
He says on ebay that they are made of 1/4 wall 2x4 tubing, hence the 70 lbs, way overkill, in my opinion .188 is plenty :deal: , he's not making much money, just taking money away from legitimate shops like ours, so he can put $20 a bumper in his pocket :firedevi: , anyway, I ship 75" wide, 85# bumpers back east all the time for about $55, through DHL ground, nothing has taken more than 4 days to get anywhere :thumb:, give them a shot, they've done good for me :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got an email from him today. He said sorry for the wait but i'll get the bumper out on tues. The total cost was 140 for the bumper and drings + shipping. To me thats a great price and at a 1/4" it may be a bit overkill but if you look at other bumpers on ebay and jeep mags that is what they use. I think if a guy wants to make bumpers and pocket 20 bucks a bumper than he'll get my $$$... If you want to pay an extra 100 bucks for one then go ahead and give your money to one of the others posted here... :finger:

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't say for sure since your link doesnt work, but I think I know who you are referring to, and yes he is legit, yes he fabs bumpers full time, and yes, you should be getting your bumper shortly. It's a simple design, so he doesnt need to charge $800 for them, and his weld quality is excellent. He was a pro welder B4 he turned full-time fabber ;)
If it doesn't show up, PM me the info (whatever you have) and I will try to drop in to figure out what is up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts