1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Like I've said before. This site has been attacked by hackers and spammers for several weeks. There isnt shit I can do about it and I'm thinking about shutting the whole thing down.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I just tried the new Yahoo toolbar with the spyware scanning tool and it works rather well. Try loading that up. It should at least clean up the crud that you have now.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
or get nortons anti virus. It stoped it before it happened on my comp several times.

dont shut the site down :(

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I won't shut it down, I'm just frusterated and venting. I've put so much effort and time into this it really stresses me to see people go out of thier way to mess it up. If I ever run accross somebody who spams for a living, I'm gonna shove their computer up their ass.

I've paid hosting for the next year. My next step is to build my own server and host it myself. Better site speed, better storage, manage it myself, sounds good! :mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
if you need a old POS compaq computer it's all your maybee you can use something out of it, I doubt it though. 2 gig hard drive 32 meg of ram lol

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Thanks but I'm thinking of buying something with at least a Gig of memory, nice CPU and a raided harddrive setup incase of crashed. I might go dual CPU as I have seen those fail also. I'l most likely just buy a Dell rack server. I have had very good luck with those.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am using a nice box with linux for my server and it seems to have no issues (aside from ones I created :razz: )...just a thought...much less likely to have issues if running a non-windows based server...let me know if I can help

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Its not a windows server, its Apache.

The problem was they found a way to inject code into the pages as they were being served out. You get a virus and the page loads incompletely or very slowly. I'm still using a hosting plan so I am stuck untill I build my own box. I prefer SuSe myself for the easy library interface and that is most likely what I'll use.

Joy joy joy.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sandman,

If you find someone who does this for a living or just for the hell of it and make plans to stick their computer up their ass, don't forget to call me. It'd be worth the plane ticket to come out and hold them down while you shove.

:angryfir:

·
Registered
10 Posts
cybrfire said:
Sandman,

If you find someone who does this for a living or just for the hell of it and make plans to stick their computer up their ass, don't forget to call me. It'd be worth the plane ticket to come out and hold them down while you shove.

:angryfir:
i want a chunk o' butt for my foot.....if any is left :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts