Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried getting on here today by just going to planet4x4.net and it would come to the page for a second and then it would turn into a plain html text document that said "hey, what???" and that was it. I just had to add the 'forums' title to the URL to get around it.

Just wonder if I was the only one who had this problem.

·
Registered
374 Posts
yes, same thing happend to me but then I hit the "back" button and it seems to be working. wonder what the "hey what" means?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I was just getting a 404 error after the page was almost done loading. My clicking to the forums before the page loaded I was able to get past it.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I get the 404 code gtom thr home page with the automatic logon. If I go to forums it works fine

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
got hey what once, hit quick links, todays posts, read the post I wanted to read, hit the "top" button on the bottom (Thanks SandMan for putting it back) and got the Hey?? What??, then hit the back button and it was friendly again.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I got teh 404 error and it seems to be trying to redirect to a profile for some reason. Could not recreate the "Hey What" thing.

Going to try to nail it down......:deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
and it forgot me today, don't know why, usualy have history and cookies set to nil, but upped them awhile ago to remeber sh-stuff, and always, welcome BD, no new messages, or whatever, but this after-right now, I had to relog in.

You will get her figured out, you gave me back my "Top" button.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
When you guys get the "hey, what" thing, cut and past the URL that you have here so I can see whats going on.

I have a lead on the cookie thing.....

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
apparently the cookie thing for me was just my pc, left this thread and went straight to my van site, one of the guys there had his Previa totalled by a drunk last night, wanted to follow up on that, and had to relog in there.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I think I got it. I found an error where when you logged in from the front page, it calles a Java Script program that hashes your password and compares it to the one stored in the database. If it matches, it sets the cookie to be logged in. It was calling the script in the wrong directory for the main page only. The rest were fine.

Let me know how it goes......

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Can you give me some more information? Either a screen capture or the URL that is displayed?

Also, try resetting your cookies.

Thanks!

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
well im using same computer as custom, i kept hitting back, i had to click on the link it shows for the hompage to get it to work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts