Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Anybody making it to EJS?

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Sandman 
#1 ·
Looks like I'll be down there for a small amount of it. So, working on the rig getting it all back together.

#3 ·
I'll have my rig together. This weekend I pulled and recased the tranny, bolted up the doubler and its in sitting on a jack, Installed a new exhaust which had to be redone since it was for a different application, built the linkages and the mount for the tripple stick, and ordered the new drivelines.

Still need to build the doubler mount (already picked up the metal), change the rear and front yokes, install the drivelines and minor stuff.

I fired it with the new exhaust and it sounds sweet! :thumb:

#9 ·
apparently pre registration is highly recommended, I did not, Does anyone know if that is going to be a major problem?. Also I assume that we can camp in the surrounding desert parking areas??!! Also is there a better or best time/ or days to be there during the week. Knowledgeable input would be appreciated.

#10 ·
#11 ·
If you plan to run with the actual EJS deal, I would bet you need to register. I would say maybe 10-20% of the people there actually run with the EJS group.

Run what you want, just plan around the offical runs.

Also you should have booked your campground a long time ago. Doubt there will be many vacancies at this point.

We went last year. Wednesday to Wednesday... EJS is crazy... and fun, but the days after were quiet, like when we went this past fall.

#14 ·
Richocet,
Yeah you really should have booked a reservation a long time ago. Campsites on the outskirts of town are few and far between and they are also first come first serve, so you may find one and you may not. You may also want to talk to Dan (waitin4moab) I know he is planing on going down and camping somewhere. We will be running some of the easier trails, as it will be Steve's first time there. You are more than welcome to join our group if you would like. We will probably run Hells revenge, Moab Rim, Pritchett, and ??? I used to live a close to Moab so I know the trails fairly well. Just let us know. Jason

#15 ·
Chuck..There are plenty of spots for free camping if you know where to look. I go down every year and have great success finding a spot. The only drawback is the place i usually camp may be a little difficult getting a trailer into. I usually tent camp but this year i am taking camper and trailer so I will be in the same boat you are. I am not 100% sure Im going but either way I could get you to a campsite. As it gets closer i will let ya know what my plans are. Either we can caravan down togrther or i can direct you to a spot.

#17 ·
Hey guy's thanks for the invite, Let me know your itinerary and I'll adjust mine accordingly.
Dan, it would be great to caravan down, Keep me posted and I'll meet you along the way and join up with you, our camper is self contained and I'll have the truggy street legal. out of town or non designated camp area's will work great.
You guy's need to keep working on Scott, He looks like he needs a change of pace and this would fill the bill nicely, whether he brings his glasses or not

#18 ·
I'm going down there on the third and should have that afternoon open if anybody is going to be around. I have obligations the next day and then I'm coming home maybe even the night of the 4th. Short I know. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.