Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we ran into them on meat grinder yesterday and I was just wanting to check their site and see if they put up any pics. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look in the high desert section for some non :sleep: pictures

·
Registered
57 Posts
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Yeah cause we see lots of pics of someone's green CJ on the trails.... :roll: :roll: Only pics I remember is a CJ FLOP!!! :thumb: :finger: :finger: :finger:

BTW: Treasure Valley Wheelerz aren't a club, just a group of people that like to wheel and hang out but don't want the B.S. that goes along with clubs. Not that all clubs have B.S. ........ We just have a forum which we use to keep in contact with everyone.

www.forums.buildyour4x4.com

·
Registered
306 Posts
TJandFSJ said:
Treasure Valley Wheelerz aren't a club, just a group of people that like to wheel and hang out
You can say "it's not a club" but the only difference is your bylaws (or lack thereof).

Your statements are backwards. Clubs are "just a group of people that like to wheel and hang out". Bylaws are established to keep the BS out!

Or are you saying that if someone whipped out a firearm and started shooting during a trail run, that would be OK?

Or alcohol, seatbelts, vehicle safety standards, liability insurance, etc..... That's how you keep the BS out........ See what I mean?

·
Registered
57 Posts
DougK20 said:
You can say "it's not a club" but the only difference is your bylaws (or lack thereof).

Your statements are backwards. Clubs are "just a group of people that like to wheel and hang out". Bylaws are established to keep the BS out!

Every "club" I've been in has membership dues, President, Vice, Treasure, etc...

No we have no membership, no dues, no president, etc.... It's works good for our "group" right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, for some reason, so far, the existing "non-club" status has served well to keep this kind of BS out.
There is nothing wrong with posting that you are going wheeling and allowing anyone else to show up there if they want. There's no laws agin it, and it works.
If you're too cool to ride with some people who don't have dedicated rock rigs, then whoop-de-doo and don't show up. No skin off anybodies backs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was just having fun with ya. I was actually very impressed how friendly everyone was. They were all there for a good time & nothing else. It was good to see the ladies there having a good time. Wish mine enjoyed it more. I wish I hadn't been in the back so I could have watched ya'll. See ya on the trail again - hopefully.

·
Registered
137 Posts
And when there is some dumbass there with his glock 40 blowing crap up or the meat head with the 2 pit bulls running loose...kinda hard to ask him to NOT bring that crap again to a trail run...

·
Registered
57 Posts
jimmer said:
And when there is some dumbass there with his glock 40 blowing crap up or the meat head with the 2 pit bulls running loose...kinda hard to ask him to NOT bring that crap again to a trail run...
Real easy to deal with....we just tell them to leave, whats hard about that? Also we aren't out in the public view much, really most of the new people that go to events with us are friends of someone already active with the group.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey...public land, he doesn't have to leave. As for the ones that piss em off are the "hangers on" who keep showing up to runs and then refuse to join the club.

If you like hanging out with those folks then join the damn thing...or now that you have learned the wheel in spots...go stack rocks to get that pile over the rocks on your own time.

I think that those who hate the club idea had their "feelings" hurt at a meeting or a run one time...and since they did not get their "way" they decided to leave and not come back. There were a few of those at the last "association run"..... :banghead:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, it isn't really as much of an anti-establishment club as a group of folks who like to wheel together and who didn't want to be a member of any of the local clubs. Much of the reason for this was the bickering, favoritism, restrictions, and attitude that came along with certain local clubs. The fact is that we have been having a great time in our non-club for some time now. Since there are no "crowned leaders" nobody ever feels obligated to do anything, and there really is nothing to be done.
The "club" is merely a bulletin board that is used as a coordination tool for freinds to make arrangements to get together. If we start having problems with someone, we'll deal with it at that time, but as of now, things are going just fine.
No need to hate ;)

EDIT - one more thing. I think the membership consists more of those who got either kicked out of, or completely fed up with certain local club(s). It's not that feelings got hurt, but that politics made a change inevitable. The other arrangements included constant bickering and lasted just a few months. We've been going strong with only the most minor of squabbles (if any) and for quite some time now. The proof is in the pudding. :deal:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
So when was the last time your "non club" group did anything PROACTIVE in this state to help with keeping trails open, route designation or anything of the such to make a diffrence in this sport???? whistle

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I have to say that I see it both ways. Does having bylaws and dues make one club better than another? I AM a club type guy, and like the benefits that a club with bylaws affords. But the problem with that is, we keep adding more and more rules and regulations, and then being a club starts being a lot of work. And then there's the non profit paperwork, bank account, taxes, money collecting, etc. At the point where the club becomes work instead of fun, where you dismiss people instead of helping people, is where as a club you have to step back, and remember it's all about having fun with a great group of people who enjoy the same thrills. I am at this point with my club. We have to go back to our roots and keep remembering that no matter what, we are in this for fun. Now, I think a club should suppport the community by keeping lands clean and open, and I think that most of you that know me would agree with that. I just think it's wrong to bust down a group of organized wheelers just because they have no bylaws or dues. Yes, they should use their organization to promote and protect our sport/recreation, and if I have another clean up day, I will invite them to attend as well, and invite them to attend a roadside litter pickup just as I would invite sanctioned clubs to join in.

All in all, I think a club/group in the long run is only as good as it's members and their actions.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
bah... clubs suck... :finger: :finger: I prefer to be a permanent "guest"....

maybe cause all the clubs are smart enough NOT to let me in???? whistle whistle :deal: :deal: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lumpdog, nice to see an open mind (hats off to you)

Lumpdog said:
if I have another clean up day, I will invite them to attend as well, and invite them to attend a roadside litter pickup just as I would invite sanctioned clubs to join in.
We'd welcome the invite.

Also, we have done things to help out, and we are as proactive as any other brand spanking new "club" I would think.

Will the self righteous haters please step back? :roll:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Up until about a month ago, non club members could not join the association. I wil agree that it is a good idea.
Your facts are skewed, not one person I know of was ever "invited out of" SRKK. If they left, it was of their own doing. (Speaking for myself)
Persons involved with TVW have worked National Public Lands Use Day for the last two years, and plan to this year. Participated in desert cleanups, currently trying /starting a rebuild project Bronco for a serviceman stationed in Iraq, picked up trash on Magrudor Corridor trail, cleared down trees on Wareagle, and Deadman trail- at the start of season. Donated $ and food/clothing to Womens Shelter. Contributed over $100 to Blue Ribbon Coalition.
At least one of the folks involved is a member of a local club also. Several are members of BRCC and United 4WD association.
Not meant to be a flame fest, just information.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts