Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my 205 sitting on the floor waiting for an unbroken tranny and I thought it would be a good idea to twin stick it. I have enough info to grind the rails but I would like to see some options on connecting both sticks to the shifter rails.

I also thought about building my own clocking ring while I'm at it. I was going to clock between the adapter and the tranny and just build my own crossmember. That way I could build a nice flat mount.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so ummmmmmm im in the market for a ford tripple stick. just happen to have another one layin around for sale? :deal:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! That looks nice!

I think I have it figured out then. I'm going to build a box assembly like what you did but the end of the bolt will go through into the stock location and then I will brace the box to another bolt somewhere. I've got another 205 stick laying around so I need to get busy.

I'll take pics of what I do when I get around to it. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
164 Posts
i used two stock ford shifters and cut the spacer bushings off the sides and used the stock bolt with some heim ends and ready rod......works slick:thumb:

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you think about it, post a pic of the ground shift rails too, I have a 205 sitting in the garage for when the 208 blows.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Grinding the rail is super easy. I have ground three sets of them now.

And the twin stick is a pretty easy job too! I built mine the night before Moab. Was originally going to only be temporary, but it works so well that I am leaving. I still need to mount up the the shift knobs though.

Also, you know that Duffy at DD Machine makes those clocking rings. Playdurty has one sitting on his living room floor, and it is one sweet unit. Gives you the option to clock in one of two places, and it comes with all the hardware. I think they are about $100.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Matt I don't have any pictures but a really easy way to get them to not bind is to build a mount off the front output's bearing reatainer then mount a peice of flat bar slightly bent over to the inside rail, drill a hole in the middle off that bar and hook your linkage to that it will give you plenty of leverage on the rail with no binding. Get the picture?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lumpdog said:
Grinding the rail is super easy. I have ground three sets of them now.

And the twin stick is a pretty easy job too! I built mine the night before Moab. Was originally going to only be temporary, but it works so well that I am leaving. I still need to mount up the the shift knobs though.

Also, you know that Duffy at DD Machine makes those clocking rings. Playdurty has one sitting on his living room floor, and it is one sweet unit. Gives you the option to clock in one of two places, and it comes with all the hardware. I think they are about $100.
Where did you get those little heim joints? I like!

I found the one from Duffy but I thought the price was closer to $180 or something like that.

Matt I don't have any pictures but a really easy way to get them to not bind is to build a mount off the front output's bearing reatainer then mount a peice of flat bar slightly bent over to the inside rail, drill a hole in the middle off that bar and hook your linkage to that it will give you plenty of leverage on the rail with no binding. Get the picture?
I think I get it. I need to get busy!

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
You can use the heims off a snowmobile steering linkage. They are cheap and plentiful around here.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
twistedjack said:
You can use the heims off a snowmobile steering linkage. They are cheap and plentiful around here.
Thats a great idea. I found them noe for $8 each but a friend of mine has some parts sleds in his backyard. He told me to help myself.

I dropped the tranny out today on my luchbreak so I'll start getting things going this week hopefully.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
The joints are from Mcquire bearing in Boise, you should be able to find them at your local bearing supply store.

The shifters are built from 1" hrew sleeved with 3/4" by 9/16" bushings. I have seen the cheap plastic trailer spring bushings for less than a couple bucks that look like they would work well. Then 5/8" rod for the shifters, and 3/16" plate for the arms. Used a 9/16" bolt that threads in to the stock hole. I have a 700, so the bracket is moved forward 2 inches giving me room for the heims, you might have to cut and weld two together to get them short enough for a 350/205. Or you could position the arms to the right length.

On the tcase side I used 1" hrew and some plate along with a couple bolts to mount it.

If I would have known how much I like front wheel drive and rear low, this would have been my first mod I would have done. :thumb:
I spent about $20 and a hour of time fabbing them up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 700, so the bracket is moved forward 2 inches giving me room for the heims, you might have to cut and weld two together to get them short enough for a 350/205. Or you could position the arms to the right length.
Yeah, I was looking at it and its pretty close on one of the rods. Should not be a problem though. My weekends sucked up with this monster truck show and a trip to the dump. Might not get to it untill next week. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts