Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am itching to get out this weekend---Would even do it in the snow that we are having!!--sucks!!! Anybody going? Would probably take the Cherokee (as the CJ5 blew a clutch and the CJ7 is getting tube fenders on it)--so no lockers. But I dont mind body damage or checking out what you can do! Went on a test run to Lake Channel last weekend and now I need to get out!!
Hope somebody is up for it
later!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Corey we will be going to the rock trail in rexburg this weekend.Give me a call if your interested. How did the tires work? Hope you love them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked for the post to tell ya thanks!!! Glad I am not planning on keeping those rims (dont like them)---Love the tires! Fixed a ton of front end wobble that I had. My tires were SHOT! Havent been able to really give them a shot yet though. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cory----long time no see brother!!! What about a little more scenic area??? The wife and kids will be coming?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Saturday, pick up trash ayt 9:30. prob. be running trail about 11:00 or so. Hope we have a good turn out. Will make the clean up go faster, and on to the fun stuff.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TJWAXJ
Dont think I will make the rock run---would love to come up and help but I have to work from 11-4. + my family wants to go and I think I would be a little to rough for them haha
How soon before anybody can tackle Green Canyon. I would like to see that area

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Cory, are you thinkin of doing some trails around Poky on Fri or Sat morning? I was going to go up and help at the Rexburg rock trail, but I found out last night that I have to drive my daughter to drivers education Saturday morn. I was trying to find someone to drive her for me, but no luck so far.
If I'm stuck in Poky I'd be interested in doing Moonlight Mountain or any other trails that might be open this time of year (****** Peak is still closed I think). I've never been up City Creek, don't know if it's open. I'd probably be takin my boys, ages 13, 11 and 9, they usually like to go if I can peel them away from Saturday morning cartoons. Let me know if you are interested. :drive:241-0591

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was hoping for a Saturday evening run??? But I will check with a couple of buddies and see if they are up for a morning run. I will keep ya posted

·
Registered
327 Posts
Either way (morn or eve) is good for me. I just can't be gone for too many hours. If you and your buds are going I wouldn't mind tagging along. It's gonna be muddy after the rain we got. Where are you thinking of going?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing is open quite yet. We were thinking of heading out to Lake Channel in the evening. Can't get anybody to commit though.
If we do a morning run would have to be close. No ideas jumping out to me though. Thought about highway ponds but not to sure. I will let you know. As it sits right now everybody bailed :lame:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Cool. I'll check again in the morning.
I went up moonlight this afternoon to check out the road and couldn't even make it to the first fence. Real wet and sloppy. Part of it was I didn't try to push it like I might if there was another rig that could rescue me. Being up there alone makes me a little more careful not to get stuck.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Checked again Sat morning and didn't see anything so I got my oldest daughter to drive my 15 year old to drivers ed and went on up to Rexburg rock trail for the cleanup and wheelin there. It was a blast. That is a cool trail.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love the rock trail up there!!! Hope you all had a great time. Got hung up at work late so I just headed out to Lake Channel for a campfire and a little RC Rock Crawlin!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts