Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, finally got moved up here, thanks again Nate for coming over to help.
Any runs coming up this weekend?
....and no I don't want to run the most psycho, will roll your truck, will absolutely without a doubt for sure to, in fact, get body damage no doubt about it trail for my first run. LOL, but don't want a bunny trail either.
So anything going on?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
April 21st is our Tech Inspection here:
The event will be held at Bill and Kris Taylor’s home: 4913 Southside Blvd Nampa, Idaho 83686

April 22nd is the WWOR Earth Day Cleanup in Mountain Home.

I think that we have a trailride scheduled for the end of April also, that involves the Highway Cleanup.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah Bills place is a good place to meet a lot of the local Rock Crawlers. They have 2 courses that will be ran that day. A Wild and Mild side. Both are fun, but the Wild is Brutal in years past. Come meets everyone. Go to Idaho4x4.com and get more info.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Anybody and everybody is invited to come out to Mountain Home and play on the rocks at the reservoir on the 14th.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
April 21st is our Tech Inspection here:
The event will be held at Bill and Kris Taylor’s home: 4913 Southside Blvd Nampa, Idaho 83686

April 22nd is the WWOR Earth Day Cleanup in Mountain Home.

I think that we have a trailride scheduled for the end of April also, that involves the Highway Cleanup.
Times??
Reading 49's post it leads me to believe there is a run after the tech. inspection?
Don't know about doing anything on Sunday the 22nd, would like to show for a trail clean up, be we are in search for a church mode right now.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Once again Idaho Off-Road 4x4 and High Desert 4x4 Clubs will be joining forces to host the 2007 Tech Inspections on Saturday April 21st, 2007

The event starts at 10:00. There is plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. Be sure to get there a little early to get signed in.

Last year we had an awesome turnout and really enjoyed the camaraderie that we share between the two clubs. We had a great time and this year will be no exception. We will be adding some exciting new activities such as proper winching techniques and CB antenna tuning.

So here goes:

Event Setup: We will be setting up for the event on Friday evening, April 20th beginning at 6:00 PM. We can always use extra hands to set up the booth, the competition course, parking lot, and a whole host of other things, so come on out and give us a hand.

We need volunteers! We need volunteers for running the RTI, Vehicle Inspectors, Booth Attendees, Raffle Assistants, Parking Lot Assistants, and Potluck organizers. If you would like to participate in one of these areas, please let us know by posting in this forum or sending an email to [email protected] or calling (208) 863-1718.

RTI: We will have the “Ramp Travel Index” ramp again this year. This is a great opportunity to see how your vehicle flexes since you installed that new set of springs or since you lengthened your wheelbase. This is always a fun part of the event.

Vehicle Inspections: We will be holding our usual vehicle tech inspections. Each vehicle will be checked for minimum safety requirements and we will measure wheelbase, approach and departure angles, bumper heights, and much, much, more…

CB Antenna Tuning: We will have a couple members with the equipment to correctly tune CB antennas this year. So, if you would like to have yours set up correctly and minimize the frustration while out on the trails, be sure to sign up for this.

Proper Winching Techniques: We will be holding a Proper Winching Techniques demonstration to show the safe way to use equipment as well as some tricks that may get you out of a tough spot someday.

Potluck: We will have a potluck again this year! So be sure to bring your favorite side dish and come prepared to eat some of the awesome food that our fellow club members bring each year. Bill will have the barbeque going again and will be cooking up hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone to enjoy. We will have coolers with bottles of water, but you will have to bring your own soda, tea, or whatever you like. No alcohol please.

Raffle: We will be having a raffle again as well with lots of great prizes to win. We have received donations from all over the valley just like last year. If you would like to donate a prize that we can raffle off, please bring it along.

Mini-Rock Crawling Competition: We will have our mini rock crawling course set up for those that want to play. We will have the “Mild” and “Wild” courses just like last year with 1st Place prizes for each course winner. Bill has added to the rock pile at his place, so the course will be even bigger and better than last year.

Click the link below to see photos from last year's Tech Inspection:

http://www.idaho4x4.com/All_Runs_Events/TechInspections_Apr2006/TechInspections_2006.html

The event will be held at Bill and Kris Taylor’s home again: 4913 Southside Blvd Nampa, Idaho 83686

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Wild West Off Roaders and the Mountain Home ATV club would like to invite everyone to attend our annual Earth Day Clean Up. This is a great time to help out the community and show the BLM that we are committed to preserving as much land as possible for our recreation. Last year we had a great time and cleaned up almost 12,000 lbs of trash with over 100 participants, lets make this years clean an even bigger success!

Where: On Highway 67 between Simco Road and the MH Air Force Base
Time: 10:00 am until ??? (basically until we fill the dumpsters)
When: April 22, 2007

As with last year there will be a raffle prize give away for all those that attend. Everyone who signs up will receive a ticket for free, and more can be purchased at the sign up table.

We will also be providing hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, waters and sodas for those in attendance free of charge.

As of right now, there are a few guest speakers scheduled to attend.

I hope to see everyone out there this year! Also, if you have anything you would like to donate to the raffle, please get a hold of me, we are looking for money to go towards expenses for the day also. Thanks!

Directions:
Coming from the Northwest (from Boise) (quickest & easiest):

From Boise, get on 84 South and turn off at Simco road. Travel southeast for ~20 miles to the Grandview Highway. Turn left and go 1.6 Miles and it will be on your left hand side.

Coming from the Northwest (Long way from Boise through Mt. Home):

Take Exit 90 (by the Chevron/Burger King). Stay on this road and it will take you through town and West towards Mountain Home AFB. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

Coming from the Southeast (from Twin Falls) (quickest & easiest):

Take Exit 99 (Highway 30 Business loop)
Stay on this loop and it will go over some RR tracks and past a Les Schwab.
At the “T” intersection, turn left (this will be airbase road (or Highway 67)) and proceed west out of town. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

Coming from the Southeast (from Twin Falls) (Alternate Route)

Take exit 95 (by the Pilot Station) and turn towards town on American legion.
Follow American Legion until you get to North Main Street (one way road heading to the left). Turn left on this road and it will take you through town and West towards Mountain Home AFB. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

The sand wash area covers over 77,000 square yards with miles of trails so the more people we have, the more time we have to wheel. If you have a truck (or a semi-off-road trailer) we can haul junk back and forth to the dumpsters with bring it.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Is the tech inspection open to non club members? Still thinking about throwing the Blazer on the trailer.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
393 Posts
Is the tech inspection open to non club members? Still thinking about throwing the Blazer on the trailer.
Anyone is welcome to participate at any level they are comfortable with whether they bring a rig or not. Its a great way to meet and greet as well as have your rig inspected by a new set of eyes, sometimes we get so wraped up in a project you get to the point you can no longer "see the forest due to the trees". There is no "passing grade" Just a courtesy look with recomendations about some safety items you may want to address prior to a club sponsored trail ride:drive: Looking forward to seeing you there:thumb:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Turns out you guys made me famous :rotfl: :rotfl: Came back from break this this morning and a co-orker says "you might be interested in this" and hands me an article he cut out of the statesman regarding the tech inspection. He didn't notice, but the pic in the article was my cj stuck in the rocks at the Fun Crawl from a couple years ago.

Heck I'm not even a member of either club yet. Does this mean I'm an honorary member now :rotfl:

Makes me wish I didn't have to work during the inspection (that and the bad R&P in my rear axle). It would be fun to try the rocks that slapped me around again.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Well then if I'm not sleeping or working, I'll stop by. :thumb:

Wont have my rig, just didnt have enough time to get it together.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Come on out Matt free food and good people to meet.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I'll be there. I'm not working untill Sunday afternoon now so I have the time. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 15 of 16 Posts