Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just thought I would see if there is anyone in here that is into dragracing. They are getting ready for the season opener in Gooding next saturday. As long as the weather is good everyone should come on out and check it out. If you haven't been there yet it is just an 1/8 mile track, everything is pretty new and its layed back. Makes for a little better atmosphere (sp) then firebird and if you want to race you will get way more runs. They are also talking about doing a tug-o-war and some oil burner drags.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Are they diesel friendly? I might come check it out on saturday. I'm planning on heading to firebird on sunday.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya there are always a few diesel guys there. It is a run what you brung kind of track for sure they get quite a few snowmobiles and 4wheelers also.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No, forget I said anything about firebird. Seriously though, they open Sunday the 1st for test and tune.

fordman, could you post up some directions to the track in Gooding?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Strip Location/Directions
From Maverick Store (South Edge) of Gooding, travel West approx. 4 1/2 miles
(past airport sign) to 1600 East.
Turn left follow road around the airport and
then take a left, you can't miss the spot!
park along the strip and watch in comfort.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do you have a schedule for the year? I have a car collecting dust in the garage that I would like to bring out, but I will be in Moab next weekend. Any races latter in the year I would sur elike to make.

·
Registered
466 Posts
How did the drags go? :drive: How many people? Did Gene and Sky make a few passes? And most importantly, what broke and was there any carnage?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weather sucked, Gene fired up the fatturd last night, the turbo setup seemed to be working good but he ended up getting a bunch of shavings from the timing cover in the motor which blugged a oil cercet and he had a loss of oil pressure. So the motor is back out of it now but I think he will have it ready for the next one.
Sky was having some truble with the nitrouse and didn't run where he was wanting but we will get that sorted out.
There where quite a few cars though. Fast Racing from IF brought about 5or6 cars down that where all very fast. All and all it was a good shakedown day to get the year started....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts