Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with some software testing on a Blog option.... :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
i dont even know what "blogging" is now that i think aboot it. :oops: give me a break down Barney style :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A blog is kinda like your own mini webpage of sorts. You can post stuff on it, it has a calander, you have full control of it. You can set it up for others to respond or not depending on how you feel. You can upload some pics or post general stuff that you feel like.

You could chronical your next rig buildup with pics if you wanted to. It will use the same user account here.

Here is one description..

"A blog is a web page made up of usually short, frequently updated posts that are arranged chronologically — like a what's new page or a journal. The content and purposes of blogs varies greatly — from links and commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, even fiction.

Blog posts are like instant messages to the web.

Many blogs are personal, "what's on my mind" type musings. Others are collaborative efforts based on a specific topic or area of mutual interest. Some blogs are for play. Some are for work. Some are both.

Blogs are also excellent team/department/company/family communication tools. They help small groups communicate in a way that is simpler and easier to follow than email or discussion forums. Use a private blog on an intranet to allow team members to post related links, files, quotes, or commentary. Set up a family blog where relatives can share personal news. A blog can help keep everyone in the loop, promote cohesiveness and group culture, and provide an informal "voice" of a project or department to outsiders.
"

The software I'm using gives you a control panel so you can set up options and groups so you can control who can post and you can delete stuff if you want.

There is a ton of sites that offer free ones, so I thought "why not?". I dont have the style or anything set up yet but it working at least.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan your good :thumb:
I should have stuck to not knowing :finger:

PM'ing you here in a sec by the way whistle

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry but "blog" is a stupid name for anything :mrgreen:

·