Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for grabs is this super clean four owner truck.

Specs:

1985 Chevy one ton 3/4 ton
Sags to the left, Rear springs may be bad:rolleyes:
4.10 gears front and rear
5.7 California Carbed with all emissions intact
4spd
NP 205
Custom light rack and toolbox

This truck runs well but has a head gasket leak it seems. Also, body is fairly straight and interior is OK. It appears to be an ex snowplow truck too.

I saved this truck from abandonment, and am now turning someone else's loss into your gain! Bidding will cease approx one week before the previous owner returns to the states. Title will go with if price is high enough. :thumb:

Hey Lehi :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
$5 and half a pack of gum.

·
Registered
397 Posts
$100.00

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I'll guarnantee that whoever wins the bidding will have their choice of either,
.22, .243, .270, .303, 30-06, 12GA Slug, or 12 Ga Buckshot. Now just remember this is free of charge so just choose your caliber.

Thanks Chris/Greg How did it work out for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
The left spring is from a dually and the right just hasn't been replaced. Also there is a 454 bored .60 over waiting to just get put in.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I was wondering if Brad was going to report your truck stolen. I took it Saturday night at around midnight. I didn't think he was home, and no one came out wielding a gun, so I guess it is ok.

The swap went ok, had to do a lot of hub and axle changing to make it all work out. You have the center and axleshafts from the 91 burb, the knuckles and steering from your axle, and the spindles, brake plates, and hubs from my burb. We totally removed and disassembled three axles, then built two with a mix of parts from all three. We finally called it quits around 1 am this moring. I still have to pull yours back apart and grind the spindle mount studs. For some reason yours were just a hair longer, and they rub the seal area just a little. But it is an easy fix, and will proabably get it finished up next week.

But on a good note, I finally got the dually adapters on the front axle, and went ahead and put the 4.56 in the front of the Burb.

And just so everyone knows, Lehi's truck really isn't for sale, unless you give me enough money that is.:rotfl: :rotfl: I just took it to swap in 4.10 and 8 lug in the front for him. He had 6 lug and 4.56.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I appreciate it Chris. Hopefully the 4.56's work good in your Burb. I think they will with the OD tranny.

·
Registered
940 Posts
lehi said:
I'll guarnantee that whoever wins the bidding will have their choice of either,
.22, .243, .270, .303, 30-06, 12GA Slug, or 12 Ga Buckshot. Now just remember this is free of charge so just choose your caliber.

Thanks Chris/Greg How did it work out for ya.
I had nothing to do with this one. Josh was practicing his ******* skills.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Sorry Greg I figured Bowtie was your alter ego.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Thats not nice, That thing tows the Burb with the big tires on and all. It looks funny as chit but it does it. Ask anyone on here thats seen it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah it rides good pulling the 'burb. I was impressed.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Thats not nice, That thing tows the Burb with the big tires on and all. It looks funny as chit but it does it. Ask anyone on here thats seen it.
funny to follow on an icey road......wouldnt want to be in/ahead of it!!:shocked: "shaking:

any it looks like a elephant humping a peanut. but it works!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Just keep them coming trevor....

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Usually a guy's gotta pay for this kinda show.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Allright Chris.... So I get home in september and Chris has officially killed the truck the oil has more coolant the oil. Then he tells me well I kinda got the swap done. I just have to get the hubs to fit??? I need to grind here and there. Ends up he is unable to get the hub on the passenger side to work. He tells me we'll get it done later. Still not done... So I go to tow my truck home and Chris I guess wanted to air the truck out because he left thewindow open all summer.

Now the fun part. I get started on the swap by ripping out the old 350 and selling it to Chris. I get the 454 prepped by pulling off the oil cooler, putting on new water pump, fuel pump, valve covers, flywheel, and motor mounts. I get the engine dropped in and put on the headers and they are leaking like hell. The carb is shot so I take a 1605 and get a rebuild kit and have chris rebuild it for me. The radiator doesn't fit so i buy one from a Trevor(IF) this gets put in but the fan shroud hits so it gets modified and cut.

Now I am going back and forth between my house and chris's shop. Well we find out the lifters are solid and Aaron adjusts them for me, I get the exhaust done by Tim Oller. Well the headers are leaking like heck so I get a set of manifolds and have the exhaust re-run. Now the 1405 carb is not giving the truck enough gas so I put on a Quadrajunk and it is now running okay but still needs tuned a little more.

The truck had hydra boost but I converted it over to Vacuum boost well this meant I couldn't use my newer power steering pump and had to use the old big block one which was flare style so I swapped out the fitting in the back to o-ring. Now the brakes didn't work for nothing. So I decide I am going to disc brake conversion I do the conversion but not paying attention I mount the calipers with the bleeders down causing the system to not work right because of the air in the system. This was figured out after the master cylinder was replaced and the proportioning valve was gutted.

I put a 180 thermostat in but the OEM gauge is reading 260 and the truck is not hot. I run a aftermarket gauge and it is reading 155 so I change to a HD 195 and now the truck runs at 190. THe OEM gauge is still maxed out. Tonight I put a old tach on and at 70 on the freeway it says I am doing 4000rpm?? So I tap on the tach and it just breaks.

Well Chris and I readjust the valves while their hot to 18 and 22 hopefully eliminating the noise coming from the engine. Well it doesn't. Also the nice chrome valve covers never worked because the valves hit the baffles so I had to pound out and weld the stock covers where they had been crushed.

I know I have missed a ton of other stuff that has gone wrong too but in the end hopefully I will have a good truck.

So yea Chris it has been a pretty easy swap.

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :bolt: :goodjob:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Allright Chris.... So I get home in september and Chris has officially killed the truck the oil has more coolant the oil. Then he tells me well I kinda got the swap done. I just have to get the hubs to fit??? I need to grind here and there. Ends up he is unable to get the hub on the passenger side to work. He tells me we'll get it done later. Still not done... So I go to tow my truck home and Chris I guess wanted to air the truck out because he left thewindow open all summer.

Now the fun part. I get started on the swap by ripping out the old 350 and selling it to Chris. I get the 454 prepped by pulling off the oil cooler, putting on new water pump, fuel pump, valve covers, flywheel, and motor mounts. I get the engine dropped in and put on the headers and they are leaking like hell. The carb is shot so I take a 1605 and get a rebuild kit and have chris rebuild it for me. The radiator doesn't fit so i buy one from a Trevor(IF) this gets put in but the fan shroud hits so it gets modified and cut.

Now I am going back and forth between my house and chris's shop. Well we find out the lifters are solid and Aaron adjusts them for me, I get the exhaust done by Tim Oller. Well the headers are leaking like heck so I get a set of manifolds and have the exhaust re-run. Now the 1405 carb is not giving the truck enough gas so I put on a Quadrajunk and it is now running okay but still needs tuned a little more.

The truck had hydra boost but I converted it over to Vacuum boost well this meant I couldn't use my newer power steering pump and had to use the old big block one which was flare style so I swapped out the fitting in the back to o-ring. Now the brakes didn't work for nothing. So I decide I am going to disc brake conversion I do the conversion but not paying attention I mount the calipers with the bleeders down causing the system to not work right because of the air in the system. This was figured out after the master cylinder was replaced and the proportioning valve was gutted.

I put a 180 thermostat in but the OEM gauge is reading 260 and the truck is not hot. I run a aftermarket gauge and it is reading 155 so I change to a HD 195 and now the truck runs at 190. THe OEM gauge is still maxed out. Tonight I put a old tach on and at 70 on the freeway it says I am doing 4000rpm?? So I tap on the tach and it just breaks.

Well Chris and I readjust the valves while their hot to 18 and 22 hopefully eliminating the noise coming from the engine. Well it doesn't. Also the nice chrome valve covers never worked because the valves hit the baffles so I had to pound out and weld the stock covers where they had been crushed.

I know I have missed a ton of other stuff that has gone wrong too but in the end hopefully I will have a good truck.

So yea Chris it has been a pretty easy swap.

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :bolt: :goodjob:

That is just funny shiat right there! hehehehe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts