Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess the decision has been made by good ole Jon at All Pro to continue on associating himself with that snake Bob Hazel. Hazel hasnt been welcome in the Tennessee area for a while due to him screwing over landowners and tresspassing without permission......Looks like Jon at All Pro has picked him to organize an event here again after many complaints that Hazel is bad news. Hazel caused many closures here and I cant beleive All Pro wants anything to do with him.......I guess MARLIN will get my toyota money..like always

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bob H. and Heidi put on AWESOME events for Pro Rock.. Heidi is a nice lady, and BOB H. has always been a great to me, however I don't live where you do, and just know them through Pro Rock??

You mentioned screwing over land owners, and such.. I am curious about this....

Do Share!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He used to do his SITR rides up here, said he had permission to ride on trails that went through private land, but didn't. Some landowners stopped the people on their property and said they had no permission and had right to be there..... So in turn, those landowners shut down the trail heads and said no riding. He comes in bringing promises of big money gains, the afterwards leaves the area trashed for others to clean up, and he makes the profits. Thats why there haven't really been any events in the Monteagle area of Tennessee anymore because he caused alot of the property to get closed, all because of his own personal gain..

·
Registered
883 Posts
Are you sure about this.. How were you informed about this? Just want to know if you know it first hand, or heard it from someone ect... Where exactly are you talking about?

Interesting.. Hummmm.. Looks like a few conversations w/ Heidi, Jon, and a some other "In the Know" people are in order..

I just can't believe this.... I mean 1 man causing trails to be closed.. Theres gotta be more to this...

Do Share.. :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Well that was a heck of a read over on Pirate.

We have two people in this area like that, and they are locals also. But good for us, they hold events in fairgrounds and stuff like that. Both run them real badly and make the most cash they possibly can. One just puts on cheap events and makes money so good for him. The second is a complete scam artist and uses the local car clubs untill they refuse to talk to him anymore.

I've been burned personnaly and I refuse to attend either promoters envents anymore.

But at least its not closing trails. We have other people taking care of that.

Sounds like it might be fun to block the trails right before an event and totaly derail it. :mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, there is several versions and LOADS of information.. All kinds of stories and who can know for sure what is true or not true..
I still think there's more to this.. I mean alot of information has been brought out, however, you have to look for the good in people too..

Think about how HE and "Sports in the Rough" have goten the sport up and running.. If people don't like him, for things he has done, said, and or not said, so be it.. DON'T DEAL WITH HIM, and the organizations he DEALS WITH...

He hear your pain.. Thx for the info... :thumb: Will keep my ears open, and remember this DEF. the next time I think about Bob H. and or Pro Rock events etc..

Was def. and eye opener.. But lets be positive here...

I enjoy comps. It's not about the $$ for me, its about the RUSH, ADRELINE (sp), EXCITEMENT and FUN..

Thx. my friend..
:beer:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bob H. and Heidi have done an awesome job promoting our sport..

Think about the positive here.. There the ones who got 4x4 tv coverage.. Aren't they.. ???

I FOR ONE, AM HAPPY WITH THE PROMOTNG PRO ROCK, BOB & HEIDI HAVE DONE FOR OUR SPORT..

I have to say THANKS to BOTH of THEM...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rock comps are all fine and good, they dont use clubs and landowners...and, I do know the whole story about him here, it was in my back yard.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
If they are peaches and cream clean in the sport of rockcrawling, I hope they stay that way... with this sport still in it's "early" stages, last thing we need is someone who creates a negative image..... I don't like what I've read about what they did back east, but I hope they don't pull something similar in PROROCK.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I understand your frustrations, however.. all I am saying is theres always 3 sides to any any story..

Maybe instead of bashing his name, All Pros name, and all involved with him, how about trying to find the good, and maybe mending your differences, and try having a discussion with him one on one if you feel that strongly about him, for the FUTURE of ALL 4WDing, comps, recreational, and so fourth...

TRAIL CLOSURES ARE HAPPENING, THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO AS INDIVIDUALS, is help TO KEEP THEM OPEN, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL 4WD ASSOC. GET INVOLVED, SPEAK YOUR PEACE WHERE IT COUNTS AND WHEN IT COUNTS..

And AJ, I WOULD LOVE IT IF HE & HEIDI BROUGHT EVENTS HERE... IT WOULD BE AWESOME FOR ALL INVOLVED.. Promoters are simply that.. PROMOTERS.. Sucks that the little guy gets a SLAP in the face all the time, but that part of the GROWING PAINS, and PART of LIFE..

I don't want trails closed, I don't want the sport to go away.. So.. I support it in any way I can, and live by my morals, and integrity.. If I feel strongly about something, I go for it, with a positive attitude, and an open mind, and if problems occur, instead of creating more drama... I look for SOLUTIONS and how we can rectify them as a TEAm.. Because were all a team here.. We need to stand up and fight for the future of ROCK CRAWLING..

Sorry.. you feel the way you do.. But I am not JUMPING on the I HATE BOB H. BAN WAGON... I CAN'T.. I am sure you understnad.. I am not sticking up for him, just giving you my thought on the subject, and giving you some insight on how I view the man.. He has NEVER done, SAID, Acted or even Remotely been RUDE to me or my Hubby...

I understand how you feel though.. Sorry.. Hope your situation out there gets better..

:beer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So be it, you have your opinion. Until he screws up your wheelin area, embrace him.........You are the only person I have heard positive input on, watch yourself.....As for not harming your hobby, you are inaccurate.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I have run mud stuff and roundy round races put on by different promotors and there are good ones and there are bad ones. I won't comment on what Hazel is but there is one thing about the ones who do occacsionally screw poeple over they usually dissapear for a couple of years(at least) eventually. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Go out and have a beer, vent off some steam, tell people there is ONE PERSON that thinks Hazel is ALIRGHT.. I DON'T care.. Just more Drama, and useless waste of your time.. Because in all honesty, what the hell has this accomplished for You and or your club.. ABSOUTLY NOTHING.. Except the voice of your opinion.. And thats GREAT..

But Hazel isn't hurt buy any of this, he will continue to go about HIS BUSINESS, how he sees fit, and CONTINUE to do BUSINESS with whom ever he see FIT.. You said it Before, Jon (All Pro) Obviously is STILL DOING BUSINESS W/ HIM.. Wonder WHY... ???

Any how.. Go wheeling dude, have some :beer: and vent, get it out, and GET OVER IT.. Look for the GOOD SIDE of PEOPLE, NOT THE BAD, and LOOK for some SOLUTIONS, instead of CREATING more BS / Drama (I hate DRAMA like this)

I have said my peace!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL, I did go out and have some beers last night, I feel like shit now....since when was voicing my opinion and that of the majority of this area wrong......You should chill and hava a :beer: ...Didn't mean to bend you all out of shape, even if your friends with the snake.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im not sure about Allpro Off-Road either --- Called them awhile back to order a couple of things and the first thing the guy asked for was my credit card number I said "dont you think we should see if you even have this stuff in stock and how much first" He says "I guess we could"
I said "if you want my card number you will" They didnt have any of it in stock. I kinda felt like they were trying to pull something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts