Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sold my last toyota to my little brother about five years ago along with a bunch of killer parts that he never had the time/ability to install. My Christmas present to him this year was to overhaul his poor old truck. Original specs when I sold it: 3" pos lift that rode like poo, 5.29's and detriots front and rear, V6 rear diff, 2" body, 35" BFG's on 15x8's with 2.5" b.s. .

Now there's a combination of Trail-Gear and AOR parts all over it including: 4" Alcan/Aor springs front and rear (rear have orbit eyes), Crossover steering with the box slammed forward, front axle moved 4" forward from stock, dual cases with 4:1 in the rear case, plated frame, etc etc... The wheelbase was stretched from 112" to 117". It climbed like a goat before so it'll be interesting to see it offroad now! Plans include larger tires, rock sliders, bumpers and possibly bobing the bed.

As you can see from the pics, the whole family got in on the action and had a great time. Not too sure how the neighbors felt about the noise the day after Christmas... overall it took us three days to complete using basic tools and a little elbow grease.

Because of limited time and running out of gas we didn't finish welding the plates on the frame. Sean will finish all that back in San Jose. We also didn't know what length shock to run so he's running some old procraps we had laying around until the bilsteins get in.

While welding overhead my crotch caught on fire and left a nice hole in my jeans... I thought Cory and Eric would enjoy that pic. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Corey and Eric always like male nut shots! lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would you be interested in parting with the 3" Lift that you took off of the yota? I know it probably rides like poo, but I need a little more clearance for my beast... Thanks, bro.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd have to haul the springs back up to Idaho from Las Vegas when I come up in April, let me know if you still want them and I'll see if I've got room.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alright... Sounds great. My yota is going to be a cheap project, so i need to get anything where I can. Thanks, and let me know.

Dave.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We painted the old beast with factory CAT paint (that actually turned out looking really weird) and did a couple little things here and there. My brother's thinking about coming out to idaho this summer and has a list of mod's he wants to do.

- low profile t-case cross-member, either Marlin's or a custom built by Eric (Blazinzuk)

- Rework rear shock mounts

- front and rear bumpers (probably built by Eric)

- sliders (by Eric)

- add insulation/sound proofing and carpet

- rework stereo with new deck, speakers and probably my infinity sub/amp

- wheel spacers front and rear for a bit more width

- possibly bob bed (by Eric)

Here's how it looks right now:

YouTube - Toyotas Wheeling at Holister Hills

Kind of an old video but some good shots. I'm trying to get him to come down to Vegas for some wheeling since I don't have anyone to go with here. Anyway, that's the update for now, oh and one ? for you guys, think he should put CAT stickers or decals or somethin on it? He's still trying to decide. :what:

edit: coulding get the pics to load for some reason so you'll have to look at the vid. :what:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts