Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not my truck so don't start :mrgreen:

it is a 94 f-150 it has a new ac pump and is charged with no leaks but the pump keeps kicking on and off . with the truck turned off the ac pressure is high,but when i start it shows 25 on the gage, so i boosted it again and the pump worked fine for 5 min. then kicked on and off again.
sensers on the pump and the canister could they be bad?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
they could be bad....or it could be a relay or premature AC clutch failure. The clutch kinda acts like a lock up torque converter...same principal...so no sensor working or only half way the pump only kicks on and off.....good luck with it tho.....btw stick to a chevy!!!! less advanced for you :finger:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O

knock knock is that a 460 ford , y yes it is. and do they all make that noise? why yes they do :finger:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Jump the presser sensor and see if the pump stays running after that. I had the same problem once and it was just the sensor.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks and have fun ths weekend in utah if u r going :thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
If ya still can't figure it out give Jeremy (TJeremy) a call at the shop. He's been doing A/C work for 13 years now & can probably tell ya what is going on. The number down there is 466-0812. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Re: O

mtngoat said:
knock knock is that a 460 ford , y yes it is. and do they all make that noise? why yes they do :finger:
ASS........ :finger: thats what you call breaking them in properly whistle

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx sabrina

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Custom I think they come that way from the junk yard and when the dealers get them they do not let people test drive them you know. whistle

they mite not make it back. :firedevi:

have a nice day and thx for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts