Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sat. the 20th of nov. the snake river offroaders will be going to the st. anthony sand dunes for a little wide open fun in the sand :thumb: OHV stickers and flags are required to run on the sand, so don't forget them :deal: they will be meetting at the checker auto parts on 17th and woodruff in idaho falls at 7:30 am, prepare for the whole day :thumb: I've heard many say they are by far the best dunes in the united states 8)

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Those dunes are a blast!

Last I talked to the State about off road stickers, they said that the only place that you did not need a stickers was at those sand dunes. That was due that they would not give out an ORV sticker to anything that was not a motorcycle or a four wheeler type of vehicle. Sand rails or buggies could not get a sticker. I could not get one for my Blazer even though its not steet legal anymore. They said all you needed was the flag. That was from the main office in Boise.

If somebody knows a way for me to get an ORV sticker on my Blazer, please tell! :mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Matt, I'm not 100% sure this will work, but when I went to the local gas station here that sold snowmobile stickers and ATV stickers, I asked them if I could get a sticker for my blazer, and they said that I could, I just needed the vin # and some other info for them... That may be worth a shot for you..

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Thanks man. I'll have to check that out. The next stage is really going to make it a trailor queen, so what the heck.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not to change the subject but do you know if anyone from Snake River Off-Roaders are going to be going over to Twin Falls that day, Nov. 20th, to attend the Idaho 4x4 Association meeting? I think that I am going to go on behalf of Steep-N-Deep 4-Wheelers.... Any one else want to ride along????

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt, all the SRO members have the stickers on thier vehicles, thier is a number of podunk gas stations up here that will sell them to you, they have had many runs to the sand dunes, and this info is straight from the guy who will write you the ticket :deal: I think with the rapid growth in traffic to the dunes over the last few years, all the agencies involved in governing them still don't have thier ducks in a row :?if you can't get one down there let me know, I'll get one for you up here :thumb:

Brant, I might want to ride with :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I might have to do something like that then. I'll check locally. Seems kinda stupid to have to register mine and put road insurance on it.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts